Just an observation

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ayma4quit WANTED $47
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

I genuinely get so so so so many emails and messages from people that say the opposite, they get their fix from me etc, of course it is going to be down to the individual whether the videos help or not but i do know that there is definitely an argument for both sides.It wouldn’t work for me if i was looking to quit as when i watch Rocknrolla i always want to have some sort of punt afterwards haha luckily i’m all good and want to spin away for my entertainment.

Those that are genuinely wanting to quit and feel that watching makes them want to play, there is Gamstop, Gamban, and many other blocking softwares that can give them both, they can watch without the ability to do their balls in, one of the best pieces of advice i have seen on how to stop online gambling is to scratch off the 3 digits on the back of your card, you can’t spend fuck all then!

I genuinely do believe they help mate, it was just the last 2 recovery videos that seemed to give me the itch. Like I say, systems in place to stop me acting on the itch and they’ve worked. Must have just been a spur of the moment craving much the same as an ex smoker has when they get a whiff of a roll up.

Thanks for not taking it as a criticism as it really wasn’t, just a little need for a shoulder to lean on for a bit by way of the forum. And I got that, so many thanks to those that commented.

ayma4quit WANTED $47
    Outlaw

And I think Ive worked out why these videos have made me feel like this…..its literally the big comebacks.

How many times I’ve been pressing the start button on a slot or a FOBT or watching the last race come under orders with that horrible feeling of dread and guilt and desperation, only for a result to come in and bail me out. That total feeling of relief at breaking even or making the loss manageable or even a small profit is almost intoxicating. It’s on a par with a big hit for me, as when you place a bet, you are kind of expecting/hoping for a win but when your spaffing your month’s wages away, and down to your last few quid and you get that miracle hit….. Its an incomparable feeling.

So yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s what the appeal of these videos was and what triggered the urge.

Apologies for the overanalysis, it’s something I need to do for my own benefit.

Cheers

ligarr WANTED $82
    Outlaw

ayma4quit wrote:

I’ve just watched the latest video, and fair play, it’s right up there with the best. Phenomenal comeback and the emotion in Bandits voice actually let you know what it meant.

I hate to say this though, and it’s totally my point of view and absolutely not a criticism, but it actually gave me the urge to have a crack myself. I’ve not gambled for about 6 weeks now (massive achievement for me), and the last 2 videos have been the stuff of gamblers dreams…… Down on yours knees and then a fuckin huge run to end up in profit. I’ve loved watching every minute, but it’s also just planted and watered the seed that I didn’t want to grow.

Like I say, Steve is doing exactly what he does best, and long may it continue…. And I know these are freak outcomes that happen once in a blue moon, but fuck me it’s tempting.

So far so good, not cracked yet as I’ve got a good system in place to deal with such things but it’s tough as I’d never wish a losing session on anyone, yet videos like the last 2 certainly put that little devil shithouse on your shoulder

Rock and a hard place, guess if I resist, it’s a great sign that these videos actually do help you stop.

Don’t ever stop what your doing Bandit, as you’re by far the best out there, and please just take this post as intended, just my point of view.

Cheers

Just remind yourself of the times hes said hes lost over 100k in one session in reelking,we know thats the more likely outcome of any session you go balls deep in.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)