Job Fair

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Hacko1 wrote:

blacko1974 wrote:

I help Autistic adults move from residential care into their own home in the community so I ain’t much help on here i’m afraid.

Absolute respect to mate, what a satisfying job you do, my ? is tipped to you.

Thanks mate, I’ve had the experience of working within residential care as well as independent living, the level of money local authorities pump into residential care is frightening. I am an advocate that disabled people should be living within their community and not hidden in parts of rural Britain.

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

blacko1974 wrote:

I help Autistic adults move from residential care into their own home in the community so I ain’t much help on here i’m afraid.

Must be a rewarding job that mate, especially when you see people get settled into their own house etc. Fair play to you

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Is it true that care homes on housing developments are not allowed to put a notice on the property to say this is a care home in case of prejudice from local residents. I was told this once from a staff member at a care home. If that’s true that’s awful?

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Haz40 wrote:

Is it true that care homes on housing developments are not allowed to put a notice on the property to say this is a care home in case of prejudice from local residents. I was told this once from a staff member at a care home. If that’s true that’s awful?

I’m unsure of that one Haz as I have not been involved with residential care since 2000, basically the local authorities will ask me to write a plan in what support our client will need to live an active, independent life from his/her own home. I then number crunch on what funding would be required and then help the families to choose what are the best option for their son/daughter. My Brother is 38, he has been living independently with support from his carers since 2000.

I can say this though I worked in a residential school for Autism in Swanage, Dorset. The elderly people of the town used to look a the kids as if they had three heads, they were never done bitching about the school. I could have filled 3 of the bandits pound coin whisky bottles by the replies that I had given them back, my favourite being “You wouldn’t be saying that if it was your son would you now so FUCK OFF”, worked a treat lol.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Cheers for reply. Like others have said take me hat off to you. It’s an amazing job you do. Top man.

Monito WANTED $26
    Outlaw

I am a Translation Analyst. I am responsible for making sure companies are not trying to pull a fast one with other companies in their translated contract agreements. I don’t see how I am much use here considering Google Translate is a few clicks away, even if it is horrendously inaccurate.

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Monito wrote:

I am a Translation Analyst. I am responsible for making sure companies are not trying to pull a fast one with other companies in their translated contract agreements. I don’t see how I am much use here considering Google Translate is a few clicks away, even if it is horrendously inaccurate.

You could translate my Glaswegian accent so everybody else on here understands what i’m talking about

Monito WANTED $26
    Outlaw

blacko1974 wrote:

Monito wrote:

You could translate my Glaswegian accent so everybody else on here understands what i’m talking about

I think I will need to stick to Spanish. I am not good enough to translate a Glaswegian accent haha.

GIRTH32 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

I am a taxi driver been shafted by local council taking on Wolverhampton drivers and i work fucking stockport area his the duck that works did 12 hours today for 48 quid cheers stockport licensing

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)