It’s all gone pete tong

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

Been up since  2am now and resorted to eating as much chocolate as I can, while I try to think of an excuse why I gambled it all when I could have done with it today of all days because now my daughter is off for a week for the holidays. I have to laugh or I’ll cry so excuse the use of these laughing emoji things. It makes me feel better.

Anyone considering gambling today who knows they have a problem, struggles to admit they have a problem, or just cant control the spending, please stay away from gambling today. I have a feeling it’s going to be a hard day for us.

I think we’re all having one of them week’s. It’s a bit crazy to read all these posts at a similar time. Can you just use that Sheffield charm and sweet talk him round like my missus does with me ?. Life of a gambler and all that eh. Don’t beat yourself up though we’ve all done it. Don’t know if we’ve all done the chocolate thing though. I suppose it was better than getting pissed and having a sore head this morning ?. If it’s a break you need then take one. He will be fine I’m sure. I say things in the heat of the moment i don’t mean. We all do it. You’ve given everyone so much great advice on here lately so it’s only fair you get some in return lol. I’m sure you have beaten bigger problems than this. Good luck today keep us posted how the day goes. x

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

I think I used all my charm on him when we first got together, he’s sick of me now haha. He’s a good one, I just think he’s supported me through everything and now 10 years later,  he’s had enough of me.

I have a really addictive personality, so I stay away from drugs these days. Eating crap is my way of dealing with these moods, but then again I still can’t eat just 1 chocolate, I eat the full box or bar Haha. I honestly don’t  know how I’m not like a whale with how much I eat.

I’ve been through some right shit times but never had to deal with anything as difficult to beat as gambling. Just thought about it all and it sounds so pathetic. How can gambling be harder to get over than so and so..

How can gambling make you feel like such a shit person? Shit parent, partner, daughter/son, sibling? My daughter just asked if I can take her to a play area today and I’ve had to say no. Stupid mummy spent the money. Now she will have to suffer because of my stupidity.

Sorry if that made no sense, I just had to get it out of my head before I went mad.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

I think I used all my charm on him when we first got together, he’s sick of me now haha. He’s a good one, I just think he’s supported me through everything and now 10 years later,  he’s had enough of me.

I have a really addictive personality, so I stay away from drugs these days. Eating crap is my way of dealing with these moods, but then again I still can’t eat just 1 chocolate, I eat the full box or bar Haha. I honestly don’t  know how I’m not like a whale with how much I eat.

I’ve been through some right shit times but never had to deal with anything as difficult to beat as gambling. Just thought about it all and it sounds so pathetic. How can gambling be harder to get over than so and so..

How can gambling make you feel like such a shit person? Shit parent, partner, daughter/son, sibling? My daughter just asked if I can take her to a play area today and I’ve had to say no. Stupid mummy spent the money. Now she will have to suffer because of my stupidity.

Sorry if that made no sense, I just had to get it out of my head before I went mad.

It’s not pathetic we’re just human. I know it’s a cliche and we’ve been there but we have. It’s an awful sickening feeling which btw does go away as you know. I know I’ll never stop after 30 plus years. I hope the coming days gets better for you and I’m sure they will. ?

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Ok, now I feel sick 🙁 just applied for 3 loans and got rejected for them all ?. I can’t tell my other half, he will go so mad and I can’t put my daughter through seeing  that.. I’d rather just not tell him and let him have the face on from the last time I annoyed him. It’s been ages since I’ve felt like this, it’s so frustrating ?

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

Ok, now I feel sick ? just applied for 3 loans and got rejected for them all ?. I can’t tell my other half, he will go so mad and I can’t put my daughter through seeing  that.. I’d rather just not tell him and let him have the face on from the last time I annoyed him. It’s been ages since I’ve felt like this, it’s so frustrating ?

That makes two of us cos if i hadn’t been such a fuckin idiot on Wednesday losing nearly £800 i could of easily helped you. ?

The devil WANTED $76
    Outlaw

I got paid last night and I’ve got nothing left a lot was bills and stuff etc but some of them bills are loan repayments caused by gambling tbh I had a little go last night on millionaire on 60p got 4 bonuses from £100 2 donked on the first gamble 81%+83% and one paid a whopping 93p and the other paid £4.56 absolute crap so we all know where that ended on the balance big fat 0 now I’ve basically got fuck all left, @winningbird I’ve applied for 2 loans this morning through pure worry and both them declined as well so I’m in the same boat haha it’s not funny but I’d rather laugh than cry!

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

We’re all in the same boat, just some gamblers trotting along and spending their hard earned money on an hour of slotting for that feeling. Don’t worry about it Haz, just hoping your luck turns around, as well as everyone else having a bad streak of luck. Going to have a cuppa and a calm down. I’ll be in a better mood later I hope, so I can contribute to the forum in a positive way rather than this horrible vibe thats happening this morning. Good luck for the day all x

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

The devil wrote:

I got paid last night and I’ve got nothing left a lot was bills and stuff etc but some of them bills are loan repayments caused by gambling tbh I had a little go last night on millionaire on 60p got 4 bonuses from £100 2 donked on the first gamble 81%+83% and one paid a whopping 93p and the other paid £4.56 absolute crap so we all know where that ended on the balance big fat 0 now I’ve basically got fuck all left, @winningbird I’ve applied for 2 loans this morning through pure worry and both them declined as well so I’m in the same boat haha it’s not funny but I’d rather laugh than cry!

Sorry to hear this, it’s just a shit day isn’t it. It was only £70 I lost but that £70 could have taken my daughter to the play area a few times across the holidays. I hope your day brightens up.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

The devil wrote:

That’s shit mate. Sounds like there’s a few of us not doing very well at the minute. Hope things get better for you somehow.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

It must be one of those days.. I’ve blown my wage too ?. I told you, I can give advice but I can never take my own advice ?

I’m upset with my self, but nothing can be done now. Live and not learn more than likely ?. Going to have a break from the slots after tonight and wait for a massive bollocking from other half tomorrow when I tell him I need money. He’s already got the face on with me and tried to kick me out 2 times this week. Men pffft ??

Glad I have you lot here to vent to

@winningbird was it the ol’ pay comes in at midnight, wait up for it to hit the bank, deposit, rinse and repeat? I’ve been there. I can sympathise. Hope you manage to get something worked out. I guess it sounds bad in a way, but I always found the thing that gave me comfort after a bad day like that was knowing up and down the country, there were plenty of other people in the same boat. Not because I wanted them to be sharing in the misery, but it just gave me a sense I wasn’t alone, that all these other people I’d never met and didn’t know knew exactly how I felt because they could feel it too. Comforting, just in a kind of grim way.

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Sorry to hear that Winningbird, it’s probably for the best that you got declined on those loans taking them out becomes a nasty cycle even though I’m sure it would come in handy right now, loan companies won’t even give me the time of day anymore my credit scores that bad that an automated middle finger appears when I try Google search loan companies ?.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

No, it was a wake up at 2am after an hour or 2 sleep to my other half ranting at me for something. I went to go check on my daughter and went downstairs and it happened :(.  It’s all sorted now, so I feel a lot happier and grateful that my mistake is not going to affect my daughter.

Hope you’re all feeling a bit better this morning. X

Chdl1990 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

Glad to hear it’s all sorted, getting rejected from the loans is definitely a blessing. The hard times between losses serve as a reminder, a quick fix loan makes it all seem okay but in the long run causes more problems. I know it’s shit but sometimes the shit feeling is what causes less destruction next time we are heading towards major tilt. Next time you feel yourself heading for that deposit button just take a few seconds to remember that feeling and I promise it will give you a little clarity to asses if you can afford that next deposit or not. Hope that makes sense and helps in anyway, it’s a tactic that helped me in the past

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

Im glad to hear your sorted out and okay winningbird, I’m feeling a lot happier today too..

I was feeling so low when I made this thread and all the responses have really made a difference, the kindness of strangers never fails to amaze me.. And I’m so glad people have been inspired to share how they’re feeling, a problem shared really is a problem halfed.. Even if it is a bit depressing

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Good to hear that eight black. ??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)