Is it illegal to bonus Megaways in less than 500 spins

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #102254
    Skrymir WANTED $3
    Outlaw

    I recently played bonanza at 60p stakes and finally got a bonus after 856 spins, winning a magnificent £4.52.

    A couple of days later I tried Rick and Morty and gave up after 1150 spins and no bonus, with my biggest base game win being a one-off 36X. I also had the thrill of 6 whole teases during that time.

    I do actually like Megaways and their potential but, it seems (in my experience) insanely hard to realise any of that potential.

    I do realise that I’m an idiot for getting stubborn against an RNG and should just move on but alas, I don’t.

    What are other people’s experiences with Megaways? Is it possible to hit a quick bonus?. If not, it seems I should re-think playing them,  as if my experiences on them are common then they are not good value at all.

    On the plus side, I suppose I built the pot enough for someone else to have a good hit or two. And good luck to them.

     

    #102258
    Biohazard WANTED $671
    Outlaw

    Megaways games are hard to bonus. They’re designed that way. They do this so that they can keep both the base game and the bonus game potential high. They’re inherently volatile games.

    On the plus side, I suppose I built the pot enough for someone else to have a good hit or two. And good luck to them.

    Hate to spoil this for you, but online slots don’t work this way. They’re random and are not compensated in any way whatsoever (with the small exception of progressive jackpots).

    #102271
    Royalblue57 WANTED $3
    Outlaw

    I enjoy megaways games but they are a nightmare to bonus and it does put me off. I get they are highly volatile but hundred of spins to get what can be, and often is a crap bonus is no fun. Clearly they must be popular as they are popping up all over the place but I only play with small deposits and stakes and am moving away from them as I can easily do my money and get very little back. At least with the bonus buy feature you could get a bonus for a fixed amount but in normal game play it can cost you a shed load more and a poor bonus to boot. I get the thinking behind banning the bonus buy option but limiting the buys per 24 hours might be a better way to go. You know you can only buy a certain number and you are done. Most megaways game are pretty dull in the base and the bonus is what you play for. Bring back bonus buys is what I say but limited how many can be bought.

    #102273
    Skrymir WANTED $3
    Outlaw

    Royalblue57 wrote:

    I enjoy megaways games but they are a nightmare to bonus and it does put me off. I get they are highly volatile but hundred of spins to get what can be, and often is a crap bonus is no fun. Clearly they must be popular as they are popping up all over the place but I only play with small deposits and stakes and am moving away from them as I can easily do my money and get very little back. At least with the bonus buy feature you could get a bonus for a fixed amount but in normal game play it can cost you a shed load more and a poor bonus to boot. I get the thinking behind banning the bonus buy option but limiting the buys per 24 hours might be a better way to go. You know you can only buy a certain number and you are done. Most megaways game are pretty dull in the base and the bonus is what you play for. Bring back bonus buys is what I say but limited how many can be bought.

    Totally agree with you regarding bonus buys, would be good to have them back, because as you say, it’s essentially what you’re playing for.

    Bringing them back with a limited amount of buys is a good compromise.

    #102274
    Skrymir WANTED $3
    Outlaw

    Biohazard wrote:

    Megaways games are hard to bonus. They’re designed that way. They do this so that they can keep both the base game and the bonus game potential high. They’re inherently volatile games.

    On the plus side, I suppose I built the pot enough for someone else to have a good hit or two. And good luck to them.

    Hate to spoil this for you, but online slots don’t work this way. They’re random and are not compensated in any way whatsoever (with the small exception of progressive jackpots).

    I know they’re not compensated in that way, but it still obviously takes people to lose (like me) in order to build the rtp. It has to go to someone.

    #102275
    Biohazard WANTED $671
    Outlaw

    Skrymir wrote:

    I know they’re not compensated in that way, but it still obviously takes people to lose (like me) in order to build the rtp. It has to go to someone.

    Not true my friend. There are countless discussions on this around the forum if you take a look, many in a lot of detail.

    The RNG handles the margin. Your spins had absolutely no impact on any future outcome for anyone.

    #102278
    Skrymir WANTED $3
    Outlaw

    Biohazard wrote:

    Skrymir wrote:

    I know they’re not compensated in that way, but it still obviously takes people to lose (like me) in order to build the rtp. It has to go to someone.

    Not true my friend. There are countless discussions on this around the forum if you take a look, many in a lot of detail.

    The RNG handles the margin. Your spins had absolutely no impact on any future outcome for anyone.

    Ok, that’s fair enough, I understand I have no influence. Like everyone, I just hit a button and hope that the RNG favours me on that particular spin.

    I just tried to get it to favour me 1250 times on bonanza. It didn’t, not even a bonus. That’s 3256 spins with one 7.5x bonus.

    I can safely say that Megaways aren’t for me. Perhaps it’s just unfortunate but I’ll ensure that BTG get no more of my custom. Plenty of other games out there. I accept that I’ll lose overall……but some entertainment whilst doing it would be nice.

    #102280
    Geordiemark42 WANTED $66
    Outlaw

    Over 2000 spins on gonzo mega for first bonus. No idea how they think over 2000 spins is ok

    #102257
    TJTom WANTED $15
    Outlaw

    Last night I was trying out the new Ted Megaways on 10p stakes just for a bit of fun (I actually made a post about it on this forum but it hasn’t appeared for some reason). Anyway, for the 1st 1500 odd spins, it was playing amazing, I must have bonuses it 7-8 times and they were really paying, multiple 100xs several times. After I made the post on here I went back on it and went 700 spins, no bonus and gave up. Fired it up again this afternoon and same story, another 800 spins no bonus. The massive difference between the way it played in the 1st session compared to the subsequent 2 really is hard to comprehend and set off a lot of tin-foil hat theories in my head. It was as if the bonus had just been deleted from the game. Had multiple teases with so much room for the 4th symbol to drop in an it was just having none of it. I guess you can only put it down to luck. But yeah it’s an absolute shitter when the lucks not going for you.

    #102292
    mega WANTED $27
    Outlaw

    i can see where you are coming from with your tinfoil hat theory, when ever i open a new acc somwhere or play a new game i always seem to hit bonuses early on , never anything extravagant just a couple 100x. Play the same games again and it plays like normal, best example i have is when i first joined sky vegas;playing kong on 20p stakes, every spin was atleast 2x with 2-3 scatters. i said to my self this is going to bonus and sure enough it did.

     

    On a side note @bio, during bonus rounds on btg, is each spin random or is the overall payout of the bonus kind of pre set

    #102295
    Skrymir WANTED $3
    Outlaw

    TJTom wrote:

    Last night I was trying out the new Ted Megaways on 10p stakes just for a bit of fun (I actually made a post about it on this forum but it hasn’t appeared for some reason). Anyway, for the 1st 1500 odd spins, it was playing amazing, I must have bonuses it 7-8 times and they were really paying, multiple 100xs several times. After I made the post on here I went back on it and went 700 spins, no bonus and gave up. Fired it up again this afternoon and same story, another 800 spins no bonus. The massive difference between the way it played in the 1st session compared to the subsequent 2 really is hard to comprehend and set off a lot of tin-foil hat theories in my head. It was as if the bonus had just been deleted from the game. Had multiple teases with so much room for the 4th symbol to drop in an it was just having none of it. I guess you can only put it down to luck. But yeah it’s an absolute shitter when the lucks not going for you.

    I was pretty much done with Megaways but after seeing your original post about Ted I thought I’d give it a go.

    To be fair the base paid ok and I hit the bonus after 370 spins which is very good in my experience so I was pleasantly surprised.

    My stake was 40p…….bonus paid £1.32.

    Confirmation that Megaways can get f*cked.

    #102296
    TJTom WANTED $15
    Outlaw

    Aah mate that is brutal haha. Horrible when you do finally bonus a Megaways, get excited expecting big things then it does that to ya ??‍♂️

    #102297
    Biohazard WANTED $671
    Outlaw

    mega wrote:

    On a side note @bio, during bonus rounds on btg, is each spin random or is the overall payout of the bonus kind of pre set

    For BTG games, supposedly each unique spin is random in the bonus. Whether it is or it isn’t, the outcome is the same. Just that the thought of each spin being random feels better.

    #102298
    Bio_Logical WANTED $2
    Outlaw

    Bio Hazard, why are you lying to people ?

    “The RNG handles the margin. Your spins had absolutely no impact on any future outcome for anyone.”

    This concept that the players spins are detached from the RTP and RNG is basic and nonsense. Please STOP perpetuating this lie, on this forum. Had the player not played the spins, the player would have contributed nothing toward the RTP via the RNG affecting nothing for other players.

    Just stop.

    #102304
    Xbobmad WANTED $716
    Outlaw

    Bio_Logical wrote:

    Bio Hazard, why are you lying to people ?

    “The RNG handles the margin. Your spins had absolutely no impact on any future outcome for anyone.”

    This concept that the players spins are detached from the RTP and RNG is basic and nonsense. Please STOP perpetuating this lie, on this forum. Had the player not played the spins, the player would have contributed nothing toward the RTP via the RNG affecting nothing for other players.

    Just stop.

    @Biohazard You’ve got your own troll ???? I’ll leave the answer to you ?

    1
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)