Influencing gambling

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Ever had a mate watch you play a bandit in the pub or come in the bookies while you put your bets on then started gambling.My old delivery driver would pick me up from the bookies as I was only on fobt I told him to come in he watched for weeks until one day he came in and put his own money in he won of course cut a long story short he was sacked weeks later for stealing out the takings he then had to self exclude from every bookies in his local town so its my fault for dragging him in to my world this was years ago so my question  is have you had a friend start gambling after watching you ?

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

It’s not your fault mate. The problem was he won first time.

I think most problem gamblers or people with an addiction start with a winning session. I found that when I went to GA meetings they used to say the majority of compulsive gamblers always win first time round. It was rare to find anyone at the meetings who would loose a fee quid on their first ever gambling session and stick with it. The first win draws most people in as you think it’s a quick way to make money but it very quickly descends into utter chaos

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

I’ve watched hours and hours of bandit gamble online on the footy and fruits. And it doesn’t make me gamble instinctively just because he is.

Does every person who’s watching the footy and ole Ray pops up at half time and says pogba to score the next goal 7/1 immediately need to go gamble if so in my eyes you was going to do it any way regardless of what’s in front of you.

In regards to your mate who got a win and then obviously lost the plot did so because he was uneducated in the fact he believes it was easy money. And is not your fault i think if your either going to go into gambling knowing the risk in exchange for fun or you do you absolute brains in (like I did) and learn from it and don’t make the same mistake twice.

Redcorvette WANTED $19
    Spectator

You can’t take the blame for other people’s actions, it is a personal choice they are making.

As long as people see both sides of the issue they can make up their own minds.  If like some streamers (not bandit) you continually post short clips of big wins to encourage sign ups (nickslots) in the interests of affiliate income you are just promoting gambling and are pure scum in my personal opinion.

Quazzi WANTED $138
    Outlaw

Redcorvette wrote:

You can’t take the blame for other people’s actions, it is a personal choice they are making.

As long as people see both sides of the issue they can make up their own minds.  If like some streamers (not bandit) you continually post short clips of big wins to encourage sign ups (nickslots) in the interests of affiliate income you are just promoting gambling and are pure scum in my personal opinion.

Not taking sides, my opinions on streamers are kept to myself but Nickslots does also post a little series of fail videos.

Redcorvette WANTED $19
    Spectator

@quazzi – maybe so, but any video which is purely out of context is there purely to influence sign ups.   Posting a succession of 3 minute big win videos creates a perception to a newbie that this is the norm.   The slots have to be viewed in the context of bandits one hour sessions, which show the level of expenditure required to actually sit it out for a big win

Quazzi WANTED $138
    Outlaw

Redcorvette wrote:

@quazzi – maybe so, but any video which is purely out of context is there purely to influence sign ups.   Posting a succession of 3 minute big win videos creates a perception to a newbie that this is the norm.   The slots have to be viewed in the context of bandits one hour sessions, which show the level of expenditure required to actually sit it out for a big win

Oh yea definitely, im not disagreeing with you, just saying. Anyone who doesnt realise that long term slots are going to be a loss should seek help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)