How would you feel?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    MajesticEnd WANTED $22
    Outlaw

Good Morning everyone,

yesterday was quite a day it was a very good friends wedding day and we all had a wonderful day but there’s a twist to the story, I buy scratchcards and recently have won quite a bit of money on them so as a joke my friend asked if as well as their wedding gift I would buy them a scratchcard so they can “have some of my luck”.

so off I pop to the shops and bought one for them and later in the evening I asked them to scratch it off before I went home and would you believe it it was a £2k winner! I was very happy for them but also gutted for myself hahaha

anyway how would you feel if this happened to you? i’m not upset or angry I’m actually quite pleased for them!

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

I only ever do this with parents , because I know if it’s a large amount off money , they will just give it me anyway , sort off a win win situation. Think they shud at least split it with u .

Mickeyvondickey WANTED $181
    Outlaw

Was this your only wedding gift to them? If you bought them a “main” gift and this was a joke gift, I think they should give you half back. After all, a grand would pay off a decent chunk of the honeymoon etc… You will find out soon enough though I’m sure.

Try the lottery though mate as it sounds like you’ve got the luck of the Irish! ??

MajesticEnd WANTED $22
    Outlaw

I tried the lottery, didn’t work out which was a shame haha

It would be nice to get half back and yeah they had a “main gift” it was a silver dipped rose with engravings on it from when they first met and the date of their marriage on it

but If i’m honest I wouldn’t blame them keeping it they’ve had a hard couple of months money wise and this would be a great help to them.

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

I’d take it back and give em a Muffin Toaster!

Jamhoody WANTED $87
    Outlaw

i used to put scratchcards in birthday cards and say it could be the worse and best present you’d ever get but its a tough one yes ide be abit like shit i should of put the other one in but on the other hand you’ve just helped them pay for the honey moon or money towards there new married life so take some comfort it that mate

Bert pool WANTED $4
    Outlaw

Just married or not……….., push them in the canal and get your money back……..theiving b@stards.

You got a picture……sounds like a jackanory

bigbucks1983 WANTED $46
    Outlaw

If i needed the cash myself id hope they might give me some but end of the day its their win. Would you have brought those tickets if they hadn’t asked you to? If not then youre not really missing out.

Nice main present you bought them though bud, very thoughtful.

A girl i was messing around with at work bought me one on my 30th birthday. I won £100 ? so said id get the first round with it later that night…. first round came to nearly 200 so think i tucked myself up there ??

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Thats amazing, of course a little annoying but only cost you afew quid right and if it was a loser am sure they wouldn’t have minded 1 bit. Hope they had a great day a lovely little bonus with a story to tell in the years to come 😀

springbrucesteen WANTED $77
    Outlaw

Well it’s £2k , nice amount , not going to change your life, now if it had been something stupid like £4 million ?

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

That’s lovely, and a nice amount for them. Congratulations to your friends on their wedding. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)