Have your kids started their Summer Hols?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

I find it right strange that some kids have and some kids haven’t, i swear when i was a kid it was all the same time but my kids are off now and some friends kids aren’t off for another week….. i have already been dragged to a bloody lodge thing…. it’s absolutely stunning though to be fair and only 30 minutes from my house so i can pop between the two places easily haha….. the best thing about the location? “Are we nearly there yet Dad?” …………. “YES” haha, that stumped em 😀

Mickeyvondickey WANTED $181
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

I find it right strange that some kids have and some kids haven’t, i swear when i was a kid it was all the same time but my kids are off now and some friends kids aren’t off for another week….. i have already been dragged to a bloody lodge thing…. it’s absolutely stunning though to be fair and only 30 minutes from my house so i can pop between the two places easily haha….. the best thing about the location? “Are we nearly there yet Dad?” …………. “YES” haha, that stumped em ?

Enjoy pal! I’m off to centre parcs next week in Longleat, 4 hour drive with 4 nippers all 3 and under! I honestly think I’d take a kick in the dick over that journey! Centre parcs better be bloody worth it now! Lol

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

Haha you should start a book on how long the first “are we nearly there yet” comes out lol

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

My daughter broke up from nursery last Thursday and she doesn’t start big school until the 9th september. My nieces and nephews don’t break up until wednesday though 🙂 hope you’re having a great time in the lodge!

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

forgot to add, if you’ve got one of them amazon alexa things, ask it to sing are we there yet.. its bloody brill ?

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I think for some reason Leicestershire schools don’t seem to break up the same time as other counties. I hear everyday though about busy parents are running around here there and everywhere. It’s Monday swimming night. Tuesday football practice. Wednesday dancing. Thursday something like tennis or even karate night. I swear all we had was a couple of nights at the youth club.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

I hear that too Haz haha! My daughter only goes to martial arts once a week. She wants to go go karting too but shes not allowed until shes 8 🙁

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Get the tent up in the back garden

Job done ?

kidgloves WANTED $9
    Outlaw

Yeah, I’m a Leicester-Shire teacher and we broke up on 12th July! Sounds good until you find out that schools open again on 27th Aug.

ligarr WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Mickeyvondickey wrote:

The Bandit wrote:

I find it right strange that some kids have and some kids haven’t, i swear when i was a kid it was all the same time but my kids are off now and some friends kids aren’t off for another week….. i have already been dragged to a bloody lodge thing…. it’s absolutely stunning though to be fair and only 30 minutes from my house so i can pop between the two places easily haha….. the best thing about the location? “Are we nearly there yet Dad?” …………. “YES” haha, that stumped em ?

Enjoy pal! I’m off to centre parcs next week in Longleat, 4 hour drive with 4 nippers all 3 and under! I honestly think I’d take a kick in the dick over that journey! Centre parcs better be bloody worth it now! Lol

Centre parks is a really nice place..forget which i went to as was years ago,but they rip off parents and double/triple the prices when its school holidays.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

kidgloves wrote:

Yeah, I’m a Leicester-Shire teacher and we broke up on 12th July! Sounds good until you find out that schools open again on 27th Aug.

August?! What happened to August being a no school month haha

ImperialDragon WANTED $68
    Outlaw

@Bandit – your setup (the kids being off now) is the norm.  I come from a family of teachers from multiple areas and they all broke up last Friday.  The general rule is that you break up on a Friday in late July but still allowing a full week of July for week 1 of the summer holidays.  This means that the date falls in the region of 18th-24th July.

I’ve certainly never known of schools to be open again in late August.  Following the above July 18th-24th rule, students would be back in school in the region of 2nd-8th September.  Plus, if the teachers had a Baker day / PD day / Inset day on the first day of term, the students would go back a day later, so the 3rd-9th September for the students.  This was the case for me when I was in school and 6th form.

kidgloves WANTED $9
    Outlaw

ImperialDragon wrote:

@Bandit – your setup (the kids being off now) is the norm.  I come from a family of teachers from multiple areas and they all broke up last Friday.  The general rule is that you break up on a Friday in late July but still allowing a full week of July for week 1 of the summer holidays.  This means that the date falls in the region of 18th-24th July.

I’ve certainly never known of schools to be open again in late August.  Following the above July 18th-24th rule, students would be back in school in the region of 2nd-8th September.  Plus, if the teachers had a Baker day / PD day / Inset day on the first day of term, the students would go back a day later, so the 3rd-9th September for the students.  This was the case for me when I was in school and 6th form.

Leicesteshire have been going back in August for years.

Lukepeachey WANTED $1
    Outlaw

Yeah my step daughter broke up last Friday and my nieces and nephews broke up today it’s really weird as the school are about 200 yards apart. Also bandit any chance of you playing my favourite slot for my birthday da Vinci’s treasure  as I got gam stop to save money you helped me a lot thanks Luke

Epicdaz WANTED $21
    Outlaw

Yep all 5 of them but im on shifts till there last week of holidays. Gutted i cant be at home telling them to behave and stop shouting and fighting absolutely gutted ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)