GRAND NATIONAL

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Spanners WANTED $35
    Outlaw

Over the years like many I’ve had a bet in the national along with backing the winner a few times but I must admit in saying I feel it’s a race that crosses the line on what it asks from a horse, I only hope all the animals that take part all come back safe but I’ll not be having a bet on the GN.

Day 3 

Nigel Twiston Davies has always been my kind of trainer but sadly he left Prestbury park a few weeks back empty handed, so far at Aintree in Days 1 & 2 he’s also been empty handed but I do love an underdog in these situations and id fecking love NTD to bag something, ANYTHING even as I know just how much it would mean to him, Nigel is an extremely passionate trainer and just gets on with it, you’d think, but behind closed doors he would have been gutted he drew a blank at the festival and with only 1 more day to go at Aintree he’l be feeling the pressure but I’m still a little confident he’l bag something.

Race 2 is tough but Son Sam gets the leg up on a great chance that being a 6yr old gelding owned by Paul and Clare Rooney, he only has the 5 starts to his name but he’s won 3 and never been out the placings, he was most unlucky at Sandown when he showed up last time out where he was mugged right on the line, that result was just plain cruel but hopefully here on the bigger stage he can get a little justice not just for Nigel but for the full Yard and all connected.

14:25 Aintree – One for Rosie 

Spanners WANTED $35
    Outlaw

Two for the last, last chance saloon

18:20 Aintree – Chief Justice  &  Locker Room Talk 

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Spanners wrote:

Over the years like many I’ve had a bet in the national along with backing the winner a few times but I must admit in saying I feel it’s a race that crosses the line on what it asks from a horse, I only hope all the animals that take part all come back safe but I’ll not be having a bet on the GN.

Day 3 

Nigel Twiston Davies has always been my kind of trainer but sadly he left Prestbury park a few weeks back empty handed, so far at Aintree in Days 1 & 2 he’s also been empty handed but I do love an underdog in these situations and id fecking love NTD to bag something, ANYTHING even as I know just how much it would mean to him, Nigel is an extremely passionate trainer and just gets on with it, you’d think, but behind closed doors he would have been gutted he drew a blank at the festival and with only 1 more day to go at Aintree he’l be feeling the pressure but I’m still a little confident he’l bag something.

Race 2 is tough but Son Sam gets the leg up on a great chance that being a 6yr old gelding owned by Paul and Clare Rooney, he only has the 5 starts to his name but he’s won 3 and never been out the placings, he was most unlucky at Sandown when he showed up last time out where he was mugged right on the line, that result was just plain cruel but hopefully here on the bigger stage he can get a little justice not just for Nigel but for the full Yard and all connected.

14:25 Aintree – One for Rosie 

Have backed this horse. One cos i think the same as you has a very good chance and two sentimental reason my last dog before current one was rosie. A black lab.

Hacko1 WANTED $181
    Outlaw

Nice one spanners mate, hope your well.

thanks for these posts, it’s good to read info like this.

Good luck if your backing them, I’ll second that regards all horses coming back in unscathed.

??

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)