Good deed efforts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Joeholdway WANTED $44
    Outlaw

Started a little thing with my family and thought it might be good to share and maybe get others involved as people on here know we had it kinda rough and through karma or whatever it turned around for us so we try to help others now as it’s been scorching hot we have been going round our Town Centre handing out free bottles of water to the homeless and the majority (not all) appreciated it and it got me thinking we made a difference to several peoples lives and it cost us around 20 quid and I just wondered if we could all get together as a forum to help genuine people who are In need not clued up on the ideas but I’m sure someone could come up with something that will benefit the less fortunate

whoswho WANTED $114
    Outlaw

GTFO

That will attract more schemers than a wiggles concert attracts  pedo’s.

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

whoswho wrote:

GTFO

That will attract more schemers than a wiggles concert attracts  pedo’s.

Bit harsh there mate

I give what I can to homeless people or people in greater need than me, generally with the huge levels of homelessness due to heavy drug addiction in my area so I buy a drink and some crisps and then give them the sandwich from my tesco meal deal, that way its not £2 on the way to a ten bag of gear or something which isn’t gonna help

whoswho WANTED $114
    Outlaw

Your right EightBlack that was a bit harsh, Had a rough day at work and took it out on OP’s idea. Sorry about that OP.

Keep up what your doing it’s good to give to those in need. Just so many angle shooters around it would be hard to determine who is legit and who is not.

Giving to those who you can see is in dire need of help is defiantly a good thing. I defiantly second that.

Kelvie WANTED $45
    Outlaw

It’s a great idea. I have been doing it for years. Christmas day I go out with soup and meals, the place still has tones on homeless. Places have no started opening there doors for homeless or people that don’t have anyone.

About 10 years ago I worked in a cafe and they’d throw out a disgusting amount of food. So I had it home for the family. Still to much. So on my way home startrd handing it out. Within weeks I had a que of people waiting for sandwiches on my walk home.

Keep doing what your doing.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

I always buy the big issue people a coffee because I know their situation is real. Round here theres so many ‘homeless’ with brand new Nike trainers, clean nails, and faces. I would prefer to donate money/food to a homeless charity so I know that they won’t be spending it on booze/drugs the minute I turn my back.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

As @Winningbird says, it’s a similar issue here where I live. We have a lot of scavengers who literally spend their days walking around asking people for money, even though they’re not really homeless. In fact, a lot of them appear quite well off. And it’s always the same lies they tell to try and get some cash from you.

One of them approached me a couple of years ago asking for some money for food. I didn’t have any, but I did have a maccies. Offered him a burger and he declined ?

It’s super important to give to the genuine homeless and people in need, it can just be hard to identify the real cases. I think often donating to your local homeless charities can be the right way to go. Failing that, do what the OP has done and donate food or drink to those genuinely in need.

Great work OP.

Joeholdway WANTED $44
    Outlaw

The logic was anyone in genuine need would be greatful for something as simple as a cold drink  of water in the heat I did have some who asked if had anything stronger than water and even had a couple say instead of the water could they have a quid so yes it’s hard to determine the genuine ones who are in need and those who just do it for a bit of gear but the genuine in need will be very greatful for the food or the drink

appleman91 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

I once gave a pizza to a homeless man but he refused to take it because it had mushrooms on it.

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

appleman91 wrote:

I once gave a pizza to a homeless man but he refused to take it because it had mushrooms on it.

Good. Mushrooms are evil.

I bet the homeless man was not a fun guy………..

Oldmoon WANTED $27
    Outlaw

A few years ago I was approached by a young lad with his outstretched hand asking in a stuttering almost whispering tone if I could spare some money so he could by some chicken.i declined but followed him down the road,next victim came out of a shop and proceeded to empty his pocket of change into the lads hand.would it be Kentucky or the Golden Arches or maybe he actually was going to buy the whole bird,so i kept my distance and carried on tailing him.the cheeky bastard went into a William hill and I watched him dump it into a fobt.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

That’s the problem round here too. We have a known addict called Gemma. She’s smartly dressed, and usually hangs around the train station saying she has lost the money for the train, so people always give her money for another ticket/money towards another. She’s also known to hang around the tesco Express on west street with a bottle of vodka in her hand. She’s very well known to the community here, think she’s become wise to it and started with another city because she was seen in Chesterfield too.

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

That’s the problem round here too. We have a known addict called Gemma. She’s smartly dressed, and usually hangs around the train station saying she has lost the money for the train, so people always give her money for another ticket/money towards another. She’s also known to hang around the tesco Express on west street with a bottle of vodka in her hand. She’s very well known to the community here, think she’s become wise to it and started with another city because she was seen in Chesterfield too.

Ha I thought you meant there was known addict in the forum … I was like how do you know she’s smartly dressed …… (been a long morning…)

the one thing I find it’s hard to tell the real people who need help from the  opportunist, there’s a lady who stands out side a coop near me ( which has a train station behind ) so she’ll start at the coop and have this speech about a pregnancy, people might buy her food, she’ll walk around the back of the coop dump the food and start on the train that just arrived …. she literally does a loop all day …..this is the third year I’ve lived in this city and I’m starting to think that baby is fake………………… but I’m not sure ….? I’ll give it another year …..

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

I had the same junkie ask me for a fiver for a bus because his girlfriend’s gran just died – four times in the same week.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

I’m a bitch for a sob story though.. that’s why I banned my self giving people money unless it’s the big issue people.

I fall for anything and would probably cry and think about it for 2 nights until I saw them again and see they had me on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)