Gamstop

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #67149
    Sal139 WANTED $22
    Outlaw

    Had a couple of biggish wins during the week. Only about £800, which I guess is still pretty substantial for most.

    Put £100 back in yesterday and felt that sudden urge to chase. Standard.

    Quickly signed up to Gamstop, no ID required and it honestly feels like a weight lifted knowing that I can’t chase those losses now! £700 up and for the first time in a while, I can be sure it’s not going back to the casinos! Also good to know that I can’t gamble now for 6 months!

    Was just curious as to how others felt after signing up.

    3
    1
    #67153
    brookie888 WANTED $12
    Outlaw

    That’s brilliant and great self control! I did something similar and just can’t believe how much money I have each month now compared to a few months ago. It was extra chilli that made me decide enough was enough. Instead of stopping all gambling though I just removed myself from the slots, So I can still have a tenner on the footy or golf and still play poker

    #67155
    Haz40 WANTED $1,027
    Outlaw

    I think relief would be the word to describe been on gamstop. I did the same. Well actually signed up November. Expired early may then had a decent win then re signed back up. It’s very complicated to re sign up btw. Personally I’d love to play within my limits on small stakes but i just know that won’t happen. It’s not all good though after recently visiting local arcade and losing quite a bit. I need to knock that one on the head as well.

    1
    #67164
    brookie888 WANTED $12
    Outlaw

    It’s funny but I only go overboard on certain games, in the bookies it was £40 and £50 quid bets on reels of gold. Online it was chilli,and  reactoons but now I can’t play them It does seem to remove the urge. The other thing is the account verification nightmare has stopped me joining anywhere new

    #67198
    Jay3k1 WANTED $19
    Outlaw

    Wish I done this the start of the month.

     

    i would of been about 4K up but instead I’m potless 🤣

    #67202
    Haz40 WANTED $1,027
    Outlaw

    Jay3k1 wrote:

    Wish I done this the start of the month.

     

    i would of been about 4K up but instead I’m potless 🤣

    Yes but 4k is better than 20k lost by the end of the year. I know that won’t make you feel any better at the minute but it is one way to look at it.

    #67204
    Jay3k1 WANTED $19
    Outlaw

    Haz40 wrote:

    Jay3k1 wrote:

    Wish I done this the start of the month.

     

    i would of been about 4K up but instead I’m potless 🤣

    Yes but 4k is better than 20k lost by the end of the year. I know that won’t make you feel any better at the minute but it is one way to look at it.

    Worst thing about it is I haven’t gambled like that for years, was 200 in and got up to 3k in one session and blew the lot. And the previous week was 400 in and 1k up. Madness

    I just don’t want payday to come and my mind thinking to chase that loss. It’s done and I can focus on other shit now.

    2
    #67206
    Haz40 WANTED $1,027
    Outlaw

    Jay3k1 wrote:

    Haz40 wrote:

    Jay3k1 wrote:

    Wish I done this the start of the month.

     

    i would of been about 4K up but instead I’m potless 🤣

    Yes but 4k is better than 20k lost by the end of the year. I know that won’t make you feel any better at the minute but it is one way to look at it.

    Worst thing about it is I haven’t gambled like that for years, was 200 in and got up to 3k in one session and blew the lot. And the previous week was 400 in and 1k up. Madness

    I just don’t want payday to come and my mind thinking to chase that loss. It’s done and I can focus on other shit now.

    Great thought process. It’s so difficult sometimes to write the loss off but we somehow have to do it.

    1
    #67207
    Jay3k1 WANTED $19
    Outlaw

    Haz40 wrote:

    Jay3k1 wrote:

    Haz40 wrote:

    Jay3k1 wrote:

    Wish I done this the start of the month.

     

    i would of been about 4K up but instead I’m potless 🤣

    Yes but 4k is better than 20k lost by the end of the year. I know that won’t make you feel any better at the minute but it is one way to look at it.

    Worst thing about it is I haven’t gambled like that for years, was 200 in and got up to 3k in one session and blew the lot. And the previous week was 400 in and 1k up. Madness

    I just don’t want payday to come and my mind thinking to chase that loss. It’s done and I can focus on other shit now.

    Great thought process. It’s so difficult sometimes to write the loss off but we somehow have to do it.

    I’ve seen so many people lose everything over gambling and I won’t let that happen to me. Especially with 2 young kids.

     

    50 quid is my max now, have a little flutter and see what happens.

    2
    #67208
    Haz40 WANTED $1,027
    Outlaw

    Jay3k1 wrote:

    Haz40 wrote:

    Jay3k1 wrote:

    Haz40 wrote:

    Jay3k1 wrote:

    Wish I done this the start of the month.

     

    i would of been about 4K up but instead I’m potless 🤣

    Yes but 4k is better than 20k lost by the end of the year. I know that won’t make you feel any better at the minute but it is one way to look at it.

    Worst thing about it is I haven’t gambled like that for years, was 200 in and got up to 3k in one session and blew the lot. And the previous week was 400 in and 1k up. Madness

    I just don’t want payday to come and my mind thinking to chase that loss. It’s done and I can focus on other shit now.

    Great thought process. It’s so difficult sometimes to write the loss off but we somehow have to do it.

    I’ve seen so many people lose everything over gambling and I won’t let that happen to me. Especially with 2 young kids.

     

    50 quid is my max now, have a little flutter and see what happens.

    Good luck with the £50 then mate. As you know you can still win pretty decent amounts with a bankroll of that amount.

    2
    #67216
    Deeplay WANTED $1
    Outlaw

    I gambled on and off for years. Around 8 years ago it got to doing massive bets. Since then I used all kinds of RG tools, until finally just got tired of it all and signed up for gamstop for a year back in December. Not had a bet since. I play the lottery 1 ticket per draw per week. Nothing else. Love watching the online videos and following various gambling forums but I just don’t like the way the industry is these days. All the mega ways slots, the bonus buy ins, the changing of RTPs from certain providers. So getting safe with Gamstop best thing I ever did.

    I miss it sometimes but then know I cant deposit so the urge soon passes. Plus my bank statements are no longer a mess with 100s of casino transactions. Had a massive debt to pay on tax which I cleared in half the time due to no gambling 🙂 Best thing that ever happened was the UKGC waking up to the need for RG SE tool that actually works. Site blocks such as gamban or gamblock never worked for me as I could take them to bits in under half an hour. Now I dont care less. And dont think I will ever gamble online again when my SE is over which aint for a long time 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)