Fobts what do you think about the new spins will it kill the bookies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Johnw WANTED $10
    Outlaw

Will the new guidelines kill the bookies .who remembers when there used to be a fruity in the bookies and no fobts

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

I think you’ll probably end up seeing less and less of them on the high streets but it won’t kill them, the people who went in to play roulette are either going to start gambling online or switch to playing slots on them and £2 a spin on a slot isn’t small stakes by any means so you’ll still see stories of people doing their nut in on them probably just not to the same level they was doing on roulette. I think this will eventually move on from the bookies to limitations being set online as like I said a lot of people will switch to playing online and more and more stories will emerge of people doing their bollocks in. In fact it’s already begun with a lot of sites asking for proof of income and I can only imagine more restrictions will be added as time goes on.

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

The point I guess is remember when they had no fobts and survived ? They will probably sprout up more shops and clearly wont be happy until everyone lives next door to one.

Gamblingconsultant WANTED $6
    Outlaw

I’d love to see them keep the £2 max stake but increase the jackpot to £2000 or something. Its just not that easy to do though it’s a big jump between b1 and b2/3 machines.

appleman91 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

It will encourage people to go online and do £50 spins there instead. Shops will close down so their overheads will be reduced but people are still spending the same amount of money. I’m not sure who they are trying to look after.

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

appleman91 wrote:

<p>It will encourage people to go online and do £50 spins there instead. Shops will close down so their overheads will be reduced but people are still spending the same amount of money. I’m not sure who they are trying to look after.</p>

The government want as much from licensing and tax, the bookies want as much as they can. Rest assured the players are the forgotten part.

ligarr WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Its just going to make online gambling worse,the goverment are increasing online taxing as they know they will now lose money from in shop gamblers…that makes it worse for us who play online as they offer alot less bonuses to players because of the tax increase.

Steller WANTED $34
    Outlaw

Gamblingconsultant wrote:

I’d love to see them keep the £2 max stake but increase the jackpot to £2000 or something. Its just not that easy to do though it’s a big jump between b1 and b2/3 machines.

An increase to £2000 is way to big an increase in one rise. However, an increase is long overdue and imho a £1000 jackpot would be about right.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Not convinced personally it will lead to the huge rise in online gambling some people are predicting. You probably will get some roulette jockeys who move online but a big part of the attraction of high street FOBTs was depositing and instantly withdrawing in hard cash, often spontaneously. Many people won’t want gambling transactions on their bank statements, or play in the bookies on a whim when they walk past.

As for slots, no one’s going to replace their FOBT £50 mega/fortune spin habit by playing £50 spins online. Very few online games have these “mega spin” modes and they’re nothing like playing an ordinary single slot spin but at £50 stake. I think those people will very likely stick to FOBT slots at £2 stake.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)