FOBT’s Again

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mondayblues23 WANTED $39
    Outlaw

Haven’t played these in a very long time but last night (whilst waiting on a pizza) I decided to have a wee spin in Willie Hills. Had £60 and thought I’d take a chance on a few slots, 5 minutes later and skint! So I thought I’d card deposit and stuck £100 on. Tried a couple of Fortune spins on a couple of games and fuck all. I reckon I busted £160 in no more than £15 minutes of which a good few minutes of that was depositing the cash.

So feeling rather foolish and ashamed of myself, I went down the road and had the pizza with the family and stuck £50 on Leovegas through the phone. 80p stakes on Reactoonz and two Garga’s later I’m withdrawing £800!! Absolutely incredible and whilst I know you can never do that regularly, it once again confirms the absolute scandal that are FOBT’s versus online slotting.

I got out of jail this time and it got the thrill of playing the FOBT’s from the system and soon the fuckers will be gone anyway – Good riddance!

Izattm WANTED $18
    Outlaw

Glad you got your money back. FOBT machines won’t be “gone” you will still be able to play most of your usual slot games etc.

They bring enjoyment to a lot people but obviously there are some people that can’t keep their gambling under control so will then therefor blame whatever they are playing.

You say online slots is so much better but then contradict yourself by saying you can’t do that regularly online. You have gambled in Completly different ways than when you were online compared to instore so I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two on that basis alone.

ligarr WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Lose alot more and alot faster online than on FOBTs…but if you have the self control to stick to the same stakes as you would on FOBTs it is much better to gamble on slots online as no max £500 win plus higher RTPs.

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Nice win mate! Fuck the fobts – still don’t know why someone would want to gimp themselves with the fixed odds over the chance of wining something life changing online but hey ho they won’t be around much longer.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Lucky escape there mate. Still don’t agree entirely that these restrictions will close the high street bookies. To me a few hundred quid is more than I could afford to lose and this still won’t stop people playing the slots. Even at £2 a spin you can still lose 4 or £500 in half an hour and unfortunately people will do that. It may take longer than 3 minutes at £50 a spin but the end result can still be the same.

odd Job WANTED $8
    Blocked

Haz40 wrote:

Lucky escape there mate. Still don’t agree entirely that these restrictions will close the high street bookies. To me a few hundred quid is more than I could afford to lose and this still won’t stop people playing the slots. Even at £2 a spin you can still lose 4 or £500 in half an hour and unfortunately people will do that. It may take longer than 3 minutes at £50 a spin but the end result can still be the same.

agree totally, in short term bookies may see a down turn in revenue but most gamblers will still continue on lower stakes. A lot of the people who use these machines are also unlikely to start going on line,  not their thing.

Also get annoyed at problems gamblers being the source of the moaning and blaming everyone else rather than themselves. One or two do, but the majority of problem gamblers i have had dealings with over the years blame no one else but themselves.

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

POSTED IN WRONG THREAD

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Mondayblues23 wrote:

Haven’t played these in a very long time but last night (whilst waiting on a pizza) I decided to have a wee spin in Willie Hills. Had £60 and thought I’d take a chance on a few slots, 5 minutes later and skint! So I thought I’d card deposit and stuck £100 on. Tried a couple of Fortune spins on a couple of games and fuck all. I reckon I busted £160 in no more than £15 minutes of which a good few minutes of that was depositing the cash.

So feeling rather foolish and ashamed of myself, I went down the road and had the pizza with the family and stuck £50 on Leovegas through the phone. 80p stakes on Reactoonz and two Garga’s later I’m withdrawing £800!! Absolutely incredible and whilst I know you can never do that regularly, it once again confirms the absolute scandal that are FOBT’s versus online slotting.

I got out of jail this time and it got the thrill of playing the FOBT’s from the system and soon the fuckers will be gone anyway – Good riddance!

Thanks for the honest post Bro…

It’s help me today as I’m struggling to stay away. I’ve been of them since December. And gave me a reminder why I stopped…. ???

Thanks. ??

nickpig30 WANTED $3
    Outlaw

I’ve been hitting FOBTs hard this year and having an amazing run, I personally like the speed – I don’t have long when sneaking in a punt between work and the school run … I managed to win £300 in 5 minutes on Friday and, well about 6 roulette spins….. though, this is not always the case and I feel proper degenerate on them and this style of play has had me in trouble many times before. It’s literally for me though an instant fix, I prefer online simply because I don’t have to overhear the fools in my local shop. And the potential. Good hit, I’ll feel safer walking into a bookies when the stakes have been reduced but I can’t seriously see the, changing too much, they will find a way around the restrictions I feel to allow punters to up the ante,

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

POSTED IN WRONG THREAD

Doh!!!??

Mondayblues23 WANTED $39
    Outlaw

It’s weird as I lose control on the FOBT’s much quicker and easier than I do online

nickpig30 WANTED $3
    Outlaw

Nah I don’t think it’s weird. It probably has something to do with the pace of play – plus the instant nature of it. I feel so much more guilty for losing cash, and winning it. Online I just write it off as if it never happened. It’s an odd thing the mindset of a gambler.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)