Feeling guilty

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hoden22 WANTED $7
    Outlaw

does anyone else feel guilty playing slots? I watch the news and see people suffering and there’s me wasting money gambling..it’s defo an addiction because even if I feel it’s my money do why should I feel guilty but I do but still carry on..makes me feel sick how selfish I can be..:(

Thirstypotato WANTED $28
    Outlaw

Hoden22 wrote:

does anyone else feel guilty playing slots? I watch the news and see people suffering and there’s me wasting money gambling..it’s defo an addiction because even if I feel it’s my money do why should I feel guilty but I do but still carry on..makes me feel sick how selfish I can be..:(

Put it into perspective. I saw a film at the cinema a couple weeks ago and it was shit. Before I went in I got a couple of rip-off hot dogs and a glutenously large box of popcorn. Should I feel guilty? You may well say “well potato, you went with a friend and saw a movie that taught you to not take your missus for granted”. Well, while you may be right, you can say that the practice of any hobby is a ‘waste of money’. You can’t see those crisis appeal adverts on TV for starving kids in Africa and feel bad everytime you eat a bit of ice cream after dinner. It’s not healthy.

Gambling, responsibly, is a hobby. You pay for the entertainment, and when you’re out of money the entertainment is over and you go to bed. Do you have fun EVERY time you play? Of course not. But who enjoys every film, every game of bowling or every trip to the seaside?….

Your guilt is misplaced, though I see your good nature. Gamble responsibly and have fun.

Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)