EE

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Proddylegend WANTED $22
    Outlaw

So I pay £88 a month on ee for a iPhone x my year was up for an upgrade so go into shop all going well until the manager comes out checks my phone it has a scratch 3cm apparently a scratch over 3cm is a crack so they wanted 245 upfront and then they could fix the screen then sell on for 400/500 piss take or what just a heads up when dealing with EE

Philinds1 WANTED $6
    Outlaw

That’s bollocks anyway when you take out the contract the phone is yours anyway

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Proddylegend wrote:

So I pay £88 a month on ee for a iPhone x my year was up for an upgrade so go into shop all going well until the manager comes out checks my phone it has a scratch 3cm apparently a scratch over 3cm is a crack so they wanted 245 upfront and then they could fix the screen then sell on for 400/500 piss take or what just a heads up when dealing with EE

I had a similar problem, when they 1st came about, never been back to them… Their the worst of all the phone companies I’ve dealt with. ?

ImperialDragon WANTED $68
    Outlaw

I thought that Orange was ok.  They went downhill when they became EE.  My Samsung S8+ was my first phone to be fully on an EE “contract”.  I say in loose terms because they have increased it last year and again this year so I now pay £48.  It’s up in a couple of months, so I’m going to ditch EE and go sim-only with Three.  I’m not going entertain paying £1000+ effective for a handset again when I know that I can get a OnePlus 6T for £499.  Plus, carriers are moving to 3-year contracts which will mean £1200+ / £1500+ handsets.

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

Well, I once bought an Octa Core smartphone for £40 brand new from eBay. Sure, the specs weren’t the best but unless you’re david bailey (photographer) and think a smartphone is how to build your business, or a gamer that’s never heard of a console or a decent video card in a pc, smartphones are a huge waste of money.

My current phone was £238 but I got it second hand for £104, sold my previous phone for £100, one year old, cost £165. So it cost me £4. It has 10 processors. Does everything I want it to do and has a 4k battery.

I think the one plus team lost their way and headed for expense and profit over custom. I would never buy a phone for more than £200. There really is no point.

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Mr B wrote:

nless you’re david bailey (photographer) and think a smartphone is how to build your business, or a gamer that’s never heard of a console or a decent video card in a pc, smartphones are a huge waste of money.

Totally agree Mr B, people walking round with phones they have spent over a thousand pounds on using them to text, take photographs and access facebook.   Most of the time its about self image or wanting to have a new toy cheap on installments.

My jaw actually dropped when I saw that someone was paying £88 a month for a phone (no disrespect to the OP)  I have an Iphone, its not an 8,9,10 or whatever their last incarnation is, but it does everything above, costs me £20  a month and if it drops in a puddle of water my world doesn’t fall apart and I’m not going to be spending £88 a month for a year for fuck all

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Proddylegend wrote:

Surely it would make more sense to get it repaired yourself and sell it.  Or is this a 2 year contract where you are locked in for a another year and have just been offered an early upgrade in return for your phone.

Which beggars the question, why do you actually need an upgrade, the Iphone X is pretty new, and if it is an upgrade on a 2 year contract then you have paid over £2k for a phone and some free phone calls and bandwidth, which is pretty eye watering.

As to EE, for some reason I have never been fascinated with them, have been with O2 and Vodafone at various times, and they seem, pretty good, although all phone providers have their detractors based on personal experience, there are probably people out there who wouldnt consider anything other than EE

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

I once bought an Octa Core smartphone for £40 brand new from eBay. Sure, the specs weren’t the best but unless you’re david bailey (photographer) and think a smartphone is how to build your business, or a gamer that’s never heard of a console or a decent video card in a pc, smartphones are a huge waste of money.

My current phone was £238 but I got it second hand for £104, sold my previous phone for £100, one year old, cost £165. So it cost me £4. It has 10 processors. Does everything I want it to do and has a 4k battery.

I think the one plus team lost their way and headed for expense and profit over custom. I would never buy a phone for more than £200. There really is no point.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)