Discounted Legal Services

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Hi @Seedy can you please pass on my email as per the above.

many thanks

Dynamik23 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Still haven’t got your email address. I just want to be certain that it will become public record. My nans house is worth £300000 minimum so I would expect probate to be needed. My issue is that the executors have said during the wake that they would like to buy my nans house. I don’t know how it all works but I truly believe if there is a way for them to purchase it at a really low.price they will. The reason why the executors have denied us access to the will is because they believe me and my siblings are going to contest the will. Concerning in itself as we haven’t said anything of the sort to them and we haven’t seen the will. So the only questions I have at the minute is, is there anyway for an estate worth £400000 (estimate) to not go through probate/not become public record? If my nan stated in her will that she does not want it to go through probate does that have to happen? Sorry for the long post.

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Hi,

No worries, hopefully Seedy can sort this soon.

In answer to your question, providing the house is solely in your Nans name then no, they cannot possibly sell it or even transfer it to themselves without probate (and getting probate is what makes the will public)

If one of them was added to the deeds during your nans lifetime then it would be possible to avoid probate and therefore it not become public but this is probably unlikely. Once we have email contact I can look into this for you and check the deeds and advise more accurately.

you should also know that the probate registry (who issue grants of probate) are currently experiencing huge delays and so it could just be delayed coming through. Not all applications take the same amount of time as each will depend on the complexity of the case.

Hope this helps for now, and once we have emails we can chat more fluidly and look into this for you

Dynamik23 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Yeah if seedy can sort out the emails it would be fantastic. Problem is I have no contact with the executors as they have cut off contact with me. So tbh I have very little information except my nans name and address.

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

That information is a good start, would allow me to get a death certificate, make enquiries with the probate registry as to whether there is a current pending application and also check the title deeds to the house – so can make very good progress just on that.

If between us we try and catch Seedy when hes next about to sort for us.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)