Defo time for a break maybe to quit all together!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    shaneot69 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Hey guys just wanted to share my story, please don’t be so foolish as me and spend all of the money you have whilst being furloughed from work so god knows when I’m gonna get anymore, only lost £1000 but that’s a lot of money, that had to put food on the table for me and my dad who isn’t in the best of health, and to pay our rent and to get us by until when I get my 80% from the government, I’m usually quite controlled but this situation we are in at the moment has got my head all over the place, I’m so used to busting my ass off as a chef, 50-60 hours per week, and now I can’t do that I don’t know what to do, that’s why I’ve gambled out of complete boredom I think it’s time to call it all quits, don’t make my mistake please.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Did similar to you earlier in the week myself for approximately double the amount – luckily in my case it wasn’t rent and food money, but it was everything else I had available. It will take me at least two, maybe three paychecks to save back what I lost in a matter of a few hours, so yeah I can definitely relate to the getting bored in lockdown and doing something silly. I put a time-out on my account so I’m not tempted to chase the loss when I next get paid, suggest you do the same!

shaneot69 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Thanks for the reply bud, yeh I’ve done the same, and so sorry to hear what you did aswell, it’s a horrible time atm and this just makes things worse for some of us!

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Most of us here have done it. I suggest having 6 months off through gamstop if you feel you cant control it. You dont want it to come to when you get your 80%, for you to start chasing losses from the previous month. It’s a vicious circle. You have to take that first step to make sure you cant do something like this again, especially in the situation we are in right now.

Can you call your landlord and explain that you’re falling on hard times with being out of work?

Really hope you get sorted soon, and that you’re okay. Sometimes, we have to make mistakes to learn from them.

shaneot69 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Hey dude yeh I may actually do that tbh, I can’t keep chasing losses, it’s getting me down and the rent I expect will be okay we are council rented so it will be okay, I hope everything will be sorted soon and I should be okay at the moment I’m feeling very very shit and sick and like I have no luck in the world but I just have to stay positive, thanks for the reply means so much.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Don’t be too hard on yourself, it’s not worth the stress. You’re doing the right thing by speaking about what happened. Make sure you sign up to gamstop or exclude for 6 months. I’d hate you to feel like this again. We are always here if you need a chat 🙂

BSK1 WANTED $48
    Outlaw

I’d maybe sell some stuff and try to top Reel King ?

Bambigotshot WANTED $14
    Blocked

Having read your story I would say it’s not time to take a break, it’s time to call it quits for good.   If your gambling affects your life it’s bad, if it also affects those you love you have a real problem – that’s not being hard on you just a fact.

Sign up to Gamban and also block gambling on all your cards, which you can now do online with banks,  Once you have no way of gambling you will be amazed how much the urge disappears

shaneot69 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Thanks means a lot!

shaneot69 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Appreciate your comments bud, it doesn’t affect my life when things are normal, it’s the situation we are in atm, that’s why I’ve blocked all gambling for 6 months, it’s the best thing I can do atm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)