Dealing with debt

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Gregp87 WANTED $5
    Outlaw

Hi all, over the last couple of years ive got myself into a lot of debt which the bulk of it stems from gambling. I’ve since stopped and focused on paying back everything I owe. Some of which have been passed on to debt collector’s. I wanted to see if anyone had any history/advice in dealing with bailiffs. I’ve attempted to pay in instalments but it seems to be all or nothing with them, which isn’t affordable

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

There is a sample letter online which you can write to your creditors explaining your financial hardship. Try national debtline you may find one on there. It basically says about proposing a reduced amount and asking to freeze the interest for a period of time. In most cases 6 months. I would write to them and them ring them. Offer an income and expenditure form. Make sure you leave only a small amount available to pay them. Don’t ignore letters and keep in contact with them. Most will accept a reduced amount and freeze the interest. Good luck.

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Gregp87 wrote:

Hi all, over the last couple of years ive got myself into a lot of debt which the bulk of it stems from gambling. I’ve since stopped and focused on paying back everything I owe. Some of which have been passed on to debt collector’s. I wanted to see if anyone had any history/advice in dealing with bailiffs. I’ve attempted to pay in instalments but it seems to be all or nothing with them, which isn’t affordable

Hi Gregp87 ?✌️Don’t get stressed brother, we’re here too help?

Make an appointment for the Citizens advice Bureau Or go online and as Haz says there’s plenty of help available.

A couple a links for you…

http://debtadvicesolution.com/bailiffs/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4fHkBRDcARIsACV58_G6NNP98wfkC0uzuo9kdanzQOillOojCpSpopp3bpYwC18nQ4jcaKoaAo1pEALw_wcB

https://www.national-debt-help.com/?affid=GOOGLE&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=debt%20help%20uk&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4fHkBRDcARIsACV58_HBvf7zIJ_CxH-Uh57zAymMjs85U08XsrmF6OW-NI4Y5uL7LD-dotQaAtdsEALw_wcB

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/action-your-creditor-can-take/bailiffs/stopping-bailiffs/stopping-bailiffs-at-your-door/

Bailiffs – Help & Advice

You might be able to enter a debt consolidation agreement..Ive never done this & Someone should help with this…

https://moneyplus.com/debthelp/?PPC=debt%20consolidation%20loan-e-261779152319-t&PPC=DebtManagement-DebtConsolidationLoans-debt%20consolidation%20loan-e-261779152319-t&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4fHkBRDcARIsACV58_FlHhufLJ2s24xLGwMW9nJJ6YreTcAGvWsQSRr-ukdMOl9x1CFNjLUaAoDLEALw_wcB

https://www.myhomeownerloan.com/debt-consol-2019.php?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4fHkBRDcARIsACV58_GmpCcTl0jO6N-twhZQc_s8bYjGispLBoPowgaoTxxi56ugCgHNFjsaAoF9EALw_wcB

Good Luck & Get on these NOW??

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Cheers mate that’s exactly what i hoped someone would do provide a link. I’m shit with that kind of stuff. ?

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Not sure if you have considered a DRO

While a DRO is in force:

you don’t have to make payments towards most types of debt included in your DRO
    your creditors can’t force you to pay off the debts.
    At the end of the DRO period, usually around a year:

your debts will be written off
    you’re still responsible for paying off any that aren’t included in the DRO – this is because DROs don’t cover all debts.
    To apply for a DRO:

there’s a fee of £90. If you can’t afford to pay the fee you may be able to get help towards the cost from some charities
    you have to go to a DRO adviser, also called an approved intermediary – you can’t submit your own application. You can find a DRO adviser at most local Citizens Advice Bureaux.

The devil WANTED $76
    Outlaw

Not to sound rude or nothing but how much debt are we talking as past experiences I have debt with certain companies and have missed a few payments which has meant I haven’t paid anything for a few months and up to now I have no issues with debt collectors, how long have you been missing payments just curiousity? If that is too personal then apologies just curious from past experiences of my own?

Djneeds WANTED $55
    Outlaw

Im in for a fuck ton, not gambling related (wish it was) wanted to do the DRO but im sure i read that you have to have a less than 50 quid left a month to be eligible please tell me if im wrong cause ill fucking hop on that haha! I did for some time go on a DMP which was gonna take me 53years to pay off and pay the company so sacked that right off.

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Djneeds wrote:

Im in for a fuck ton, not gambling related (wish it was) wanted to do the DRO but im sure i read that you have to have a less than 50 quid left a month to be eligible please tell me if im wrong cause ill fucking hop on that haha! I did for some time go on a DMP which was gonna take me 53years to pay off and pay the company so sacked that right off.

ou may be able to get a DRO if all of the following things apply to you:

you’re unable to pay your debts
    your debts are worth up to £20,000
    you’ve got £50 or less left over each month after you’ve paid your usual household expenses
    you don’t own your home
    other savings or things of value you own, called assets, are worth less than £1,000 (some assets are ignored when working out the value)
    you don’t own a car worth £1000 or more, unless it’s one that’s been specially adapted because you have a disability

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

If you can milk your expenses enough it could bring you below the £50, you may just need some creative accounting

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Dune2000 wrote:

If you can milk your expenses enough it could bring you below the £50, you may just need some creative accounting

Yeah..Its good to have trusting InLaws ect. ??

Gregp87 WANTED $5
    Outlaw

The devil wrote:

Not to sound rude or nothing but how much debt are we talking as past experiences I have debt with certain companies and have missed a few payments which has meant I haven’t paid anything for a few months and up to now I have no issues with debt collectors, how long have you been missing payments just curiousity? If that is too personal then apologies just curious from past experiences of my own?

Total debts around 10k most of which I’ve got payment plans in place but it was an outstanding council tax from 2015 for 1.7k which is with debt collector’s. I imagine they’ve been sending letters to a previous address for years which is why it’s escalated into this

Dune2000 WANTED $205
    Blocked

Gregp87 wrote:

otal debts around 10k most of which I’ve got payment plans in place but it was an outstanding council tax from 2015 for 1.7k which is with debt collector’s. I imagine they’ve been sending letters to a previous address for years which is why it’s escalated into this

Council tax can be included in DRO’s provided a final notice has been issued.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

If you ever get the opportunity they would accept a much lower offer as final settlement. In the past one accepted £250 for a thousand pound debt and one took £800 for a 2k debt. You have to say though the money hasn’t come from further borrowing as they can’t accept as this potentially could put you in further financial hardship. I said it was a gift from my parents but they would only give me the money if it cleared the whole entire balance. You may not be in that position at the minute to make an offer. It’s more bear this post in mind if you do have some spare cash in the future.

Djneeds WANTED $55
    Outlaw

Yeah i tried blagging down as much as i could and then they were like your bank statement says this, that and the other you bullshitting little bastard ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)