Deal or No Deal – 2006

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous WANTED $1
    Inactive

This is a genuine story, 1000%, on my daughters life.  Sorry if it’s long-winded, but it’s all factual and no BS.

So back in October 2006, my beloved Blackpool FC were playing live on Sky Sports, away to Brighton in a league match. I didn’t have the money for Sky Sports subs at the time, so i met up with a few mates and we went to my local pub, The Devonshire Arms, to watch the game on their big screen.

Opposite the pub there was a bookies, so i chanced my arm and placed £10 on a 0-3 scoreline at 33/1. It came in.

Went home several beers later, handed the missus £300 to help out with stuff for the kids etc, and trousered the remaining £30 profit.

Went online to Jackpot Joy after they’d all gone to bed, i think IIRC i actually opened the account that night, i wasn’t a regular gambler.

I played Deal or No Deal, which at the time was a huge game not only just in the gambling world, but on TV it was a massive show. It was a DOND slot. You had to get 3 red boxes to start the feature. The feature came in after a few quid, i picked No 19, which was and is the day my son was born, the 19th.

Granted, i didn’t have a massive clue as to what i was doing, i was pissed and it was late, but after opening box after box and getting silly offers from the banker, it soon dawned on me that the JACKPOT box was still there in the game. I had a final offer for £100, which was pretty handsome 14 years ago, but i refused it, the other box being i think £16.

Anyway, i collected my box, it was JACKPOT, it got £557,600.

Loads of screens opened up from the chat facility and people offering me high 5’s and congrats etc – and at that stage i still thought it was play money and not real, until a moderator private messaged me and said i’d won big.

Fast forward 7 days, i got 6 cheques in the post, 5 x £100k and 1 x £57 grand. Paid off my family debts, bought my own house and car, had a few belting holidays etc. Fast forward to 2020, i since got divorced, was cleaned out by the ex, and am currently £15k in debt.

Happy days 🙂

BSK1 WANTED $48
    Outlaw

You lucky bastard

Anonymous WANTED $1
    Inactive

BSK1 wrote:

You lucky bastard

Extremely lucky. Never won jack shit since.

BSK1 WANTED $48
    Outlaw

BustedFlush wrote:

BSK1 wrote:

You lucky bastard

Extremely lucky. Never won jack shit since.

You have mate you just don’t realise it yet !!!!

Anonymous WANTED $1
    Inactive

Yeah i won freedom from a vulture who took me to the cleaners 🙂

Very sage words from you. Cheers matey.

BSK1 WANTED $48
    Outlaw

All jokes aside mate, look forward not back !!!!

i know it’s easier said than done sometimes but there is a big world out there, don’t let it pass you by !

Anonymous WANTED $1
    Inactive

Loud and clear bro – cheers and take care.

Lethby WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Wow what a massive hit ?…my biggest hit 3000x on £2 stake…at least your divorced haha…..left my ex 14 years ago and left everything apart from the car and the dog who was a puppy at the time,I should’ve left the dog cos he chewed everything up in the place I moved to lol.since then iv been bankrupt because of gambling but still love a gamble,and the dog is still here usually listening to me screaming at my laptop at Bonanza bonus dead spins haha.

Anonymous WANTED $1
    Inactive

Cheers Lethby – i’ve said goodbye to gambling mostly – i have betting deposits banned on my Halifax debit card, needs 48 hours to cancel, and i have no credit cards, so cannot be tempted into the lures of evil again.

My dad was a huge gambler – he loved the dogs – his fav combo tricast was 6 – 3 – 1, and he once got a £20 combination tricast up on 6-3-1 and the odds of the dogs were 4’s, 12’s and 20’s.

Won a fortune, but blew it all within the next few weeks. I hope you can steer clear of danger and just play recreationally.

Bless you man.

mattowl1867 WANTED $34
    Outlaw

The Devonshire Arms…. another Sheffield lad?

Great story man, sorry about the ending! As always with the flutter it’s a rollercoaster ride….

Anonymous WANTED $1
    Inactive

mattowl1867 wrote:

The Devonshire Arms…. another Sheffield lad?

Great story man, sorry about the ending! As always with the flutter it’s a rollercoaster ride….

No mate – the Devvy Arms in Blackpool.  There’s plenty of UK pubs with the same name 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)