Cars.. who’d have them ??

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Stewiegriffin WANTED $1
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

Already tried changing sensors, but itโ€™s actually something wrong with the abs this time. Its juddering when I put break on ?

Get them to check the abs rings – hairline crack can be detected by sensors and screws up ABS – brake pedal down and it feels like brakes arenโ€™t kicking in

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Sorry wb i know sweet fa about cars. I hope you get it sorted soon. Btw i don’t drive but I’ve still had many cars. The first one was named bastard ??

springbrucesteen WANTED $77
    Outlaw

If itโ€™s only overheating while stuck in traffic then it could be electric cooling fan not kicking in

while driving along normally , air will cool radiator but u need elec fan to do that when in stop start traffic

Could be the elec cooling fan sensor thatโ€™s knackered (usually on side of radiator with elec plug on it)

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Fans are kicking in, that was one of the first things i checked. They kick in a lot compared to what they used to. Even in a KFC drive through haha. Heating will only blow cold air, think that’s something to do with one of the motors somewhere or another haha.

Haz, it’s okay, I’m just having a rant with the hopes someone knows what could be wrong with her ๐Ÿ™‚

Outlaw

Cold air through heater could be jammed thermostat (which jams open ) but that wouldnโ€™t cause overheating

could be airlock in cooling system caused by possible gunged up blocked radiator or just gunge in engine waterways

get cooling system flushed out (basically they flush it out with high pressure hose )

can do it yourself ?

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Already changed the thermostat, and they flushed the water pipe on the last visit to make sure it wasn’t leaking or blocked and causing it to overheat. See what I mean, it’s just so difficult to sort. Heating is the least of my problems with the car. I’m more concerned about the smell when it overheats haha ๐Ÿ™‚

Outlaw

Going back a bit but I had a Capri that was overheating all way down south , ended up changing head gasket in Liverpool lol , it was still bloody overheating , eventually put a new radiator in it and that sorted it

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

I’ve got a new head gasket and to be honest, i could do with giving it a good service haha. If all else fails, I’ll try a new radiator. Thanks for that ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)