Buying Bonuses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mondayblues23 WANTED $39
    Outlaw

What’s everyone’s views on these? Been reading some horrendous stories on here from people who have been burned badly whilst chasing a big win on these. There appear to be more and more games adopting these and I think it’s fast becoming the crack cocaine of online gambling.

I’m ok with them but I do think that they should be capped at more sensible stakes.

neilp1982 WANTED $10
    Outlaw

Don’t like them personally, I’ll never buy one myself, as you said you effectively have to chase the big win with it. Slots should be about the enjoyment, and the buzz of the big win, not throwing money at an Extra Chilli/White Rabbit bonus buy where you end up with nothing, or next to nothing. Personally I’d like to see it done away with like the are doing with the big bets/fortune spins/whatever on the FOBT’s.

MichaelLFC96 WANTED $114
    Outlaw

It depends, usually bonus buys are on games that take an absolute fortune to bonus anyway so it’s just a quicker way to the same disappointment really

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

I’m a bit undecided on this. Overall I don’t like them, not so much because of the danger, but because I feel it ruins the spirit of the slot. If you can just get a bonus instantly, it sorta defeats the point.

But I enjoy the odd bonus buy on White Rabbit, as long as I limit myself and don’t get carried away! Extra Chili on the other hand, good lord, that slot is a nightmare. At least with White Rabbit you’re guaranteed a bonus – who isn’t going to gamble on Chili!

Jamezwww WANTED $11
    Outlaw

I think they need to be cheaper.

some of them regularly pay about 10x so to be paying up to 100x for that is just pointless. Dangerous too.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

I used to buy White Rabbit features occasionally and they’d typically run at a loss, albeit a small one, but I only ever got one decent win and packed the game in entirely when I bought two bonuses at 100x each which had a combined total return of 18x. Luckily I saw the danger of Extra Chili a mile off and never tried it. The very concept of that game strikes me as “I know, let’s make Bonanza where the bonus is just as rare but also even if it lands you have to gamble it with a majority chance of losing to have any prospect of getting a half decent win.” – definition of a mug’s game right there.

Hibs-1875 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

never bought one, as stated above I feel it takes the point out of slotting. Plus I’m as tight fisted as tam out still game haha.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Jamezwww wrote:

I think they need to be cheaper.

some of them regularly pay about 10x so to be paying up to 100x for that is just pointless. Dangerous too.

The issue with that is, if they were to make them cheaper, they’d have to reduce the average win also to keep RTP constant. So you may as well just reduce the bet, it’s essentially the same outcome!

ThaiFlour WANTED $1
    Outlaw

I only low roll anyway, so if I can cashout £20 and leave £10 to play with I’ll often buy a bonus on lowest stake.

The most I’ve won is only £23 mind you. (GJM) 🙂

Ramm WANTED $32
    Outlaw

I bought a £15 quid one on spinal tap once to give the concept a go and it dicked me for a zero bonus so after that I was soured to the whole thing.

That said id not be against getting one on something like white rabbit after the price drops as I enjoy that game in the base. Id not buy a full priced bonus on it though as it just doesn’t like to make it worthwhile, see the white rabbit world cup for proof of that.

BJM86 WANTED $22
    Outlaw

Ramm wrote:

I bought a £15 quid one on spinal tap once to give the concept a go and it dicked me for a zero bonus so after that I was soured to the whole thing.

That said id not be against getting one on something like white rabbit after the price drops as I enjoy that game in the base. Id not buy a full priced bonus on it though as it just doesn’t like to make it worthwhile, see the white rabbit world cup for proof of that.

Dont do it!!

I bought a £500 White Rabbit bonus yesterday after hitting a nice £1500 win on another game and it paid £87… SAVAGE!

Wormweed WANTED $42
    Outlaw

I think they are ok, it’s really fun to watch when The Bandit and others buy bonuses. I don’t buy many myself, but i had a 2250x on Extra Chilli 16 spins.

Some slots i never bought bonuses on, and will never buy either, like Genie Jackpots, Golden owl of Athena and Shite Rabbit.

Millzy123 WANTED $4
    Outlaw

Why is it I’ve done 1000s of spins on seceret of the stones and can’t get a bonus bigger than 50x even I’ve seen loads get big wins from that slot I must be the most unluckiest person ever to be fair tho most bonuses I get don’t even pay 10x thinking of giving this slotting game up and play golf ?️‍♂️

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

I personally don’t agree with bonus buys, and have never bought one myself. As others have said, it takes away the fun of the game, and to buy a bonus like bandit did on fat santa the other day and get a 3 quid return would gut me big time. Bonus buys are great if you just want a quick bonus, but are very dangerous for gamblers who struggle to know when to stop.

I can just imagine BTG bosses rubbing their hands together when they released extra chilli with feature buys. Thank God it’s not on WWTBAM

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

Millzy123 wrote:

Why is it I’ve done 1000s of spins on seceret of the stones and can’t get a bonus bigger than 50x even I’ve seen loads get big wins from that slot I must be the most unluckiest person ever to be fair tho most bonuses I get don’t even pay 10x thinking of giving this slotting game up and play golf ?️‍♂️

As your playing mega low variance games buddy 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)