Bookies plans post FOBT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sportsbetpunk WANTED $24
    Outlaw

I have a friend who is in management at William Hill, saw him for the first time in a while this week.

I asked him about their plans post FOBT and he said they’d be doing the following.

Removing all FOBT stations and replacing them with a seating area and tablets so customers can log in online and play high stakes in store. Customers can cash out instantly. There will be offers to encourage new players.

This will be a stop gap until further regulation comes into the online sector.

The Bandit WANTED $5,353
    El Bandito

Wow…. which will be incredibly worse!!!

ImperialDragon WANTED $68
    Outlaw

I don’t like the idea of playing “online” in an “offline” setting.  Kinda defeats the point.

I reckon that category B2 should be stripped from the FOBT software, but then to allow each shop to have 8 FOBTs.  So what you have will be 8 category B3 machines.  That should mitigate some of the losses.

sportsbetpunk WANTED $24
    Outlaw

I think the idea will be to sign up those not used to playing online, older generation etc. He said it will most probably be a stop gap until the online regulations become more stringent. Obviously if they have signed more people into the online sector whilst they are at it, it can’t hurt.

I think the ‘tablets’ are more likely to be big touchscreens, he said they have very little interest in maintaining the cabinets in store that they have previously used. They are looking at a fresh approach. More terminals will be installed for sportsbetting to save on staff costs.

SkintForTheMonth WANTED $3
    Outlaw

Can’t see the value in this if you can just play at home?

Bring back the classic fruity I say.

Cutlery WANTED $6
    Outlaw

Won’t be bad for me because I’m gamstoped so now that will also cover the bookies just incase I ever got tempted

Cutlery WANTED $6
    Outlaw

I don’t know what the big issue is! Those things still strip you of £300 in 7 mins on £2 stake anyway. People will still be queing for seats even without the roulette. Stop crying bookies you will still be coining it in

Izattm WANTED $18
    Outlaw

I’m management at William hill, and I haven’t heard anything, so I think your friend is telling porkies. There may well be various ideas, but nothing set in stone that has been passed down the management line.

Jayjay230 WANTED $31
    Outlaw

Just get rid of all fobts vermin to the gambling community I Know let’s stick £400 in 50 quid mega spins to try and win £500 what’s the point!

samtheman WANTED $3
    Outlaw

sportsbetpunk wrote:

I have a friend who is in management at William Hill, saw him for the first time in a while this week.

I asked him about their plans post FOBT and he said they’d be doing the following.

Removing all FOBT stations and replacing them with a seating area and tablets so customers can log in online and play high stakes in store. Customers can cash out instantly. There will be offers to encourage new players.

This will be a stop gap until further regulation comes into the online sector.

What would be the point in that?  They would be maintaining a large building with all the associated staff costs for people who on the most part play online at home.

They would also be rubbing this circumnavigation of the law in the governments faces and encourage them to look more closely at online gambling.

there would still have to be somewhere to input cash, which makes it an FOBT in all but name – many people don’t take cards into bookies as it limits there losses.

If I want to play online slots I might as well sit in the house rather than drive into town, pay for parking and sit in front of a computer with half a dozen Chinese or Africans standing behind me shouting Red 3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)