Bet 365 bit of controversy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Manicmania WANTED $11
    Outlaw

Anybody see this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackhenry1989/status/1079026092592283649

(In case it doesn’t show up on here basically a guy had 25 quid on rangers to score before 30:00 today.365 refusing to pay out despite the fact the goal went in on 29:59 and there is a pic of the game on tv with the clock to prove it the exact second it went in. 365 essentially saying they have their own clock they use which conveniently said it was 30:00 exactly therefore tough titties basically!

tweet has been viewed a few thousand times already – it’s for 175 quid – surely it’s not worth the bad publicity to not pay the guy, especially when all the evidence suggests he should rightfully have the win anyway. Pretty shocking how some bookies will try all they can to weasel out of it rather than pay out!

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Agreed. There should be one official organisation keeping accurate times, who the duck is going to rely on Bet365s verdict.

P.’s.  I’m just glad the ball ended up in the back of the net lol

nickuk911 WANTED $18
    Blocked

Just read all the tweets, quite incredible that bet365 have not respnded after their initial couple of early responses, from what i see the bloke should have won—29.58 goal time means in under 30 minutes to me. fucking disgrace really after recent revelations regarding the bosses paypacket.

RollWithItRuss WANTED $21
    Outlaw

What does the terms and conditions rule say?

after 28.59 then they are in to the 30th min.

gather this is how the result has be decided, since that is an official result?

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Just looked on BBC sport it says 30th minute that means the goal went in 29.00 to 29.59 simple as that. 1st min is 0.01 to 0.59 seconds and so on that’s official tell them they are wrong

Manicmania WANTED $11
    Outlaw

The wording of the bet says goal before 30:00, so not the 30th minute – there’s a small distinction there – the 30th minute would be 29:00-29:59 so if it was to score before the 30th minute the bet wording would be goal scored before 29:00 – the issue appears to be that 365 are saying they independently time games and by their clock it was on 30:00 exactly. The fact that multiple sources such as BBC, the actual tv clock all say 29:58 is where it looks dodgy as hell to me.

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

Bet365 will be loving the free publicity – they will come out later and say that the bet was settled by an automated system using their own independent timing of games which had the goal recorded as 30:00, upon review and applying a bit of common sense, we have honoured the bet and paid the guy….. if it was a £2,500 bet now it would be interesting but they are known as Bet £3.65 for a reason 😀

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

It could be 2500 in total bets though if not more.They probably weren’t offering odds on a goal after 30.00.If it was 6 to 1 before 30.00 it would be 1 to 10 after 30.00 so they would win on all bets if the option of betting after 30.00 wasn’t available

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

They don’t really have a leg to stand on though because if the goal was 30:00 or above, it would say 31 on all the official timings and it doesn’t, it says 30, which means it was 29:00 to 29:59 – i reckon someone will have to look at it and pay out, it will be deep in their t’s and c’s that goal times go off the official recorded times by whoever does them, not their shitty personal clock i would imagine.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Manicmania wrote:

Anybody see this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackhenry1989/status/1079026092592283649

(In case it doesn’t show up on here basically a guy had 25 quid on rangers to score before 30:00 today.365 refusing to pay out despite the fact the goal went in on 29:59 and there is a pic of the game on tv with the clock to prove it the exact second it went in. 365 essentially saying they have their own clock they use which conveniently said it was 30:00 exactly therefore tough titties basically!

tweet has been viewed a few thousand times already – it’s for 175 quid – surely it’s not worth the bad publicity to not pay the guy, especially when all the evidence suggests he should rightfully have the win anyway. Pretty shocking how some bookies will try all they can to weasel out of it rather than pay out!

Tell your mate to get his money on Michael Smith for the darts to get his money back been saying it all week he’s having it this year

needydog WANTED $17
    Outlaw

Bet £3.65 aren’t one of the biggest bookies for a reason + CEO is a woman. They will honour it after a week of it being publicised and the guy doing £200-400 in tilting.

If they don’t honour it, then he can escalate it to the company which represents the gambling commission.

They don’t have a leg to stand on imo though

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

I don’t get it, how is it free publicity? Or rather in any way good publicity? “We’re a shyster bookies who’ll try to wriggle out of paying your legitimate winning bets” doesn’t seem like message which will do them any favours.

RollWithItRuss WANTED $21
    Outlaw

Out of interest the 6/1  seems a big price for this bet?

I take this is in running? true odds nearer half this, was it a special?

Manicmania WANTED $11
    Outlaw

RollWithItRuss wrote:

Out of interest the 6/1  seems a big price for this bet?

I take this is in running? true odds nearer half this, was it a special?

I don’t know for sure but looking at the original pic on the Twitter feed, it says “next home team goal ” underneath so was probably in play, perhaps placed after 10 or 15 minutes which would maybe explain the slightly longer odds a bit more?

Incidentally noticed while checking the Twitter  feed again to check the pic, it seems somebody has been able to get a shot of the in stadium match clock which shows an identical to the second time as on Rangers tv so the evidence is sorta piling up now!

Manicmania WANTED $11
    Outlaw

Bet has now apparently been paid in full as a winner. Case closed as they say…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)