Bandit’s hit on Lil Devil

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #90902
    GaryBannister60 WANTED $5
    Outlaw

    Right, following on a bit from the RTP chat before, I’ve been wrestling this one with my solitary brain cell and can’t work it out. So any help appreciated.

    Loved seeing The Bandit’s 20k+ hit on Lil Devil on just an 80p stake. Lets us all dream etc.

    BUT I keep coming back to the thought that it was slightly deceptive. I’m not going to load up £400, get to the top on 80p and win £20k+. The only reason it happened with such a large payout was that he was, in effect, over £20k in on the game already? I know it was still incredibly unlikely, but the odds of such a big payout must come down a little bit when you are already £20k in on the session?

    Or is that my gambler’s fallacy brain again?

    Help! 🙂

     

    #90903
    Biohazard WANTED $587
    Outlaw

    Online slots are random bud. You could win £20k on your very first spin.

    Unlike pub fruities, they do not compensate for previous play and only pay out big once full.

    #90904
    GaryBannister60 WANTED $5
    Outlaw

    Ta. Yes, sure I know it’s “random” and that I could (ho ho) stake 80p and win £20k. BUT what I am saying is the odds of that are 10 grillion to one. (would be 5 grillion to one, but it’s me so…). The fact that he had already staked £20k, based on RTP alone, must mean that the odds had come down from 10 grillion to one – not to evens, but say 9.5 grillion to one. PLUS you can’t hit the heartstopper bonus from your first go, and presumably the heartstopper has a higher RTP than the normal bonus, so perhaps all that did make it slightly more likely. Or, a fraction less nigh on impossible.

     

    #90905
    Biohazard WANTED $587
    Outlaw

    GaryBannister60 wrote:

    Ta. Yes, sure I know it’s “random” and that I could (ho ho) stake 80p and win £20k. BUT what I am saying is the odds of that are 10 grillion to one. (would be 5 grillion to one, but it’s me so…). The fact that he had already staked £20k, based on RTP alone, must mean that the odds had come down from 10 grillion to one – not to evens, but say 9.5 grillion to one. PLUS you can’t hit the heartstopper bonus from your first go, and presumably the heartstopper has a higher RTP than the normal bonus, so perhaps all that did make it slightly more likely. Or, a fraction less nigh on impossible.

     

    Gary, please listen to what I’m telling you – the RTP isn’t adjusted based on your previous play. Whether you’d staked zero or whether you’d staked ten billion pounds, you’d still have exactly the same odds of landing a monster hit such as this.

    Heartstopper feature does have a very slightly RTP allocated to it than the regular feature, so yes it is more likely to hit a monster hit here than on the regular bonus. But that has nothing to do with previous wagers.

    Hope this makes sense.

    1
    1
    #90906
    GaryBannister60 WANTED $5
    Outlaw

    It does mate, thanks. Total sense and I know you are right. So why can’t I teach my brain that? 🙂

    1
    #90907
    EnglishGuy WANTED $94
    Outlaw

    Because its kind of logical to believe it.

    Lets say we know that lil devil will give a 30.000 RTP return ,, once every 10 million spins.

    If you spin once.. you are in 1/10,000,000

    If you spin 5 million times, you are 50/50 to hit.

    It’s correct to say this. but also, not guarenteed.. the guy spinning once, could still hit it.

     

     

    #90908
    Dynamik23 WANTED $37
    Outlaw

    EnglishGuy wrote:

    Because its kind of logical to believe it.

    Lets say we know that lil devil will give a 30.000 RTP return ,, once every 10 million spins.

    If you spin once.. you are in 1/10,000,000

    If you spin 5 million times, you are 50/50 to hit.

    It’s correct to say this. but also, not guarenteed.. the guy spinning once, could still hit it.

     

     

    I still think this logic is wrong. In your example it’s still 10million-1 when you spin for the 5 millionth time.

    #90910
    Biohazard WANTED $587
    Outlaw

    GaryBannister60 wrote:

    It does mate, thanks. Total sense and I know you are right. So why can’t I teach my brain that? 🙂

    A lot of people struggle with this concept bud don’t worry, it’s probably something to do with how old slots used to work. 🙂

    #90909
    Rhino74 WANTED $12
    Outlaw

    No slots online are random. As theres parameters put in by a programmer. For instance take poker I could play 1000 hands with my friends and not get a royal flush. But online if a royal flush is one in every 1000 hands then you will get one. It’s impossible to make any computer program random. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

    1
    1
    #90913
    Rbreen91 WANTED $424
    Outlaw

    Rhino74 wrote:

    No slots online are random. As theres parameters put in by a programmer. For instance take poker I could play 1000 hands with my friends and not get a royal flush. But online if a royal flush is one in every 1000 hands then you will get one. It’s impossible to make any computer program random. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

    You clearly don’t have a clue what the word random means.

    2
    1
    #90917
    Biohazard WANTED $587
    Outlaw

    Rhino74 wrote:

    No slots online are random. As theres parameters put in by a programmer. For instance take poker I could play 1000 hands with my friends and not get a royal flush. But online if a royal flush is one in every 1000 hands then you will get one. It’s impossible to make any computer program random. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

    This honestly couldn’t be more wrong. 🤦‍♂️

    #90918
    The devil WANTED $33
    Outlaw

    My first ever heart stopper returned 7,251 on a 60p stake, since then been lucky to get 50x so it can happen just got to be lucky.

    #90920
    Oldmoon WANTED $26
    Outlaw

    You need a rtp booster button,problem is it’s only available to a chosen few!👪

    #90921
    benq99 WANTED $215
    Outlaw

    its the same as a fart ,fart enough and you will shit yourself one day

    1
    #90938
    Bri12345 WANTED $1
    Outlaw

    A few years back I had an email from William hill that if I deposited £100 they will match it obviously I went through with it and does anyone remember snakes and ladders three reels where you have to get the 3 dice on a winning line to climb the board.

    anyway my first press landed the three dice and up onto the board one from jackpot square I hit the big snake and went down the board anyway back onto the top line 6 away from jackpot square I pressed on the dice and it rolled in double 4 so hit the jackpot and because of double numbers on the dice it doubled the jackpot from £600 to £1200 any way ten repeats on the jackpot I’m sat there shaking looking at £12,000 in my account after one £20 spin.

    The moral of the story is if you hit it at the right time they will pay it’s a computer yes it will make more money than it pays but you never know…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)