at rock bottom

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Hope you’re okay and getting everything sorted benq.

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

Hope you’re okay and getting everything sorted benq.

am getting there winningbird ended up in hospital again ,bp is getting better at last… sorted out universal credit just try now to find place to live then will get life back on track.not made easy by all this covid thats going on .thanks to all who have helped me with advice and kind words

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

at last have found a place to live going to look today at 12,did not relize how hard it is to find place that take dss .wish me luck

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Good luck, and if I were you, I wouldn’t tell your ex where you are moving to. Hope you’re finally getting back on your feet and see things are changing for you.

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

Good luck, and if I were you, I wouldn’t tell your ex where you are moving to. Hope you’re finally getting back on your feet and see things are changing for you.

thanks WB i am getting there be nice to have a place where i can relax and not worry,and yes i will tell her to go do one.let you know how it goes today will feel good to get out of here then wont need to have any contact with her.

mattowl1867 WANTED $34
    Outlaw

benq99 wrote:

at last have found a place to live going to look today at 12,did not relize how hard it is to find place that take dss .wish me luck

Good stuff Ben thanks for updating us all.

Best of luck with the new place, you’ll get there eventually with one! If you need a shorter term let for now have you tried spareroom.com?

I used to find house shares with 2-4 friendly people in them for £300 including all bills! Maybe £400 at todays rate. I think you can set the search criteria to ‘accepts dss’ too.

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

i looked at place and it is ok £300 inc bills and internet .just got to find the £300 deposit i thought dss would pay that but no only will pay the rent.i had advance off them for food etc so cant do that .the guy is a nice person he is giving me till weekend to try to sort out.is sending me contract later today and when got deposit sighn it and happy days i am gone from here thank god

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

sighned the tenancy yesterday to get the dss to start paying rent but wont pay deposit .so wont let me move in till deposit payed is that the correct way about thing any advise  .just seems odd to sighn then told need to pay deposit to get keys ?

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

there are local council schemes to guarantee your deposit, I don’t know anything about it, one of the lads filming with me today said they had the council underwrite the deposit ???? Vague as fuck… he also said there’s a market of none deposit houses that people tend to go for… sorry benq, I’d give the council a shout, because what he said ( logically ) makes sense …

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

contacted council just went around in circles ,1 step closer 2 steps back .my head is melting lol

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

That’s councils for you….

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

Seyahkram1977 wrote:

That’s councils for you….

yes mate to true

benq99 WANTED $229
    Outlaw

i give up going round in circles will have to wait till i get payment on the 2nd and use that am getting no where thanks all for help and advice would not have got this far without your help

thegiddo WANTED $2
    Outlaw

just read yer post benq my heart goes out to you and I am praying you get in some secure accommodation. In my thoughts and prayers mate wish you all the luck love and happiness in the world. Keep yer nod up mate there really is light at the end of the tunnel.

Peace

Cranjus McBasketball WANTED $1
    Outlaw

Seyahkram1977 is correct, all local authorities have a Discretionary Housing Payment scheme for one-off costs like a rent deposit, rent in advance or removal costs to help you move into a new home.

As per the name, it’s discretionary so no guarantees I’m afraid. Can be frustrating getting through to the right department but mention the scheme and persevere until you get a response. Anyway, good luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)