Alternative to YouTube and vimeo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kingpab WANTED $149
    Outlaw
    The Bandit WANTED $5,353
    El Bandito

I don’t currently need an alternative mate.

When i make the next video i will upload it to Vimeo in the way i have my videos on there right now.

Bizarrely, Vimeos problem is me directing traffic away from Vimeo to my website, well hang on, i purchased a business subscription so that i could do exactly that! It was documented that you were not allowed to do that with the free version or the cheapest version, it actually said, if that is what you want to do you will need Vimeo Pro or Vimeo Business so you tell me where the problem lies lol

I am not interested in building up the Vimeo channel in relation to followers or views or anything at all, i just needed a video host so i have no problem whatsoever in putting the whole thing behind closed doors on there, it just means those few that were having freezing problems with the videos direct on here will just have to cope with that, adjust the video quality to auto or similar as no one will now be able to watch direct at Vimeo, i don’t exist directly on the platform now but as i said, that is of no concern to me.

elericat33 WANTED $1
    Outlaw

The freezing problem makes your videos pretty unwatchable though, that might exclude quite a few of us. What’s the fix with the video quality about?

The Bandit WANTED $5,353
    El Bandito

elericat33 wrote:

The freezing problem makes your videos pretty unwatchable though, that might exclude quite a few of us. What’s the fix with the video quality about?

I would imagine it would put the video quality to a setting that the device being used can handle.

It’s either cope with the freezing or don’t watch i’m afraid as i simply don’t have any other solutions right now, it’s just not as easy as “sticking the video up on your site” i’m afraid, in fact, that would lead to many more viewing problems as when you host your own videos, there is only one version of the video provided. When you use a hosting company, there are many different versions on the video available based on where in the world the viewer is and what they are watching it on.

I didn’t get any reports of any freezing from anyone that watched on an actual computer, it seemed pretty limited to tablets and mobiles, perhaps just watch on the computer.

The Bandit WANTED $5,353
    El Bandito

It’s not something i have managed to replicate myself and i have watched several of the videos on my iPhone and iPad, there must be something that is causing it but it doesn’t happen to me on mine so i can’t even begin to suggest a cure unfortunately.

The Bandit WANTED $5,353
    El Bandito

Out of interest, have you tried to watch one that was freezing for you a few hours later? Like perhaps it is some sort of processing issue, dunno really just trying to think of things it could be, if you can, go back to one that froze for you when you first watched it here, see if it still freezes this time?

Run187 WANTED $28
    Outlaw

elericat33 wrote:

Try puffin browser ..

Kingpab WANTED $149
    Outlaw

The only way I watch your videos is on my Samsung s 7. Pretty old phone these days and I’ve never experienced any type of delay or freeze . Guessing its more to do with ppls Internet speed

Spidermint WANTED $98
    Sheriff

elericat33 wrote:

I would suggest it is a device or internet issue to be honest. Vimeo provides the player on this site and they are a leading solution in the video space.

I would try a different browser first and then if that fails a different device.
    Let us know how you get on.

I will have a look into it, to see if there is anything I can do this end.

Thanks

Mondayblues23 WANTED $39
    Outlaw

Chrome browser is poor, I find Edge good for watching the videos – Anyway, wheres the latest one?? lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)