advise needed with bt modem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jamhoody WANTED $87
    Outlaw

hi all  not been on for a few weeks had a issue with my pc setup question i have is if i run a Ethernet cable into my man cave could i then plug that into another modem or is there a splitter /wireless adapter  i can plug it into in the shed the problem i have is im going to be using tv/xbox/pc and many more consoles that require the internet what do use suggest im rubbish with stuff like this cheers

Imosofresh WANTED $8
    Outlaw

I work for BT, I would recommend upgrading to the complete WiFi Gauruntee, will cost a couplw of pounds extra a month but it will definitely solve your issue mate.

Jamhoody WANTED $87
    Outlaw

cheers imosofresh so what is that would it be a better modem or would they run wifi into the shed

scottj130208 WANTED $22
    Outlaw

Or buy home plugs from eBay or pc world ethernet from router one end then ethernet to homplugs in the man cave plus no on going subscription from by you just pay £30-£50 one off for the homplugs has to be on the same wiring loom though and they can be run through extension sockets

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Cant you get one of them range extenders? I’m considering getting one for my daughters bedroom because the wifi doesn’t reach her room meaning she can’t watch Netflix on her tv. They sell them on amazon and you can buy packs of 4 for multiple rooms if needed. Hope this helps 🙂

Jamhoody WANTED $87
    Outlaw

tried one of them winningbird but the signals so weak where i am cant even get wifi upstairs barely and cheers scottj130208 ill have a look now thanks

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

Home plugs won’t work in your shed. Not if the power to the shed has been run properly anyway.

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

One ethernet cable from router direct to shed slap it into a network switch then have multiple smaller cables to you PC/xbox etc.

Network switches cost about 10 to 25 quid. ??

Jamhoody WANTED $87
    Outlaw

cheers seedy just found one now on ebay

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

Can we see a picture of the man cave?

My whole flat is a man cave, actually takes effort to maintain the general grossness of the place ?

Jamhoody WANTED $87
    Outlaw

Eightblack wrote:

Can we see a picture of the man cave?

My whole flat is a man cave, actually takes effort to maintain the general grossness of the place ?

Jamhoody WANTED $87
    Outlaw
    Jamhoody WANTED $87
    Outlaw

not finished yet still need to finish off the plaster inside some more cladding on the front build step and kit it all out eightblack

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

That’s lovely! And the better side is, your other half can lock you in and have an hours peace and quiet hahah, or the other way round of course 🙂

Jamhoody WANTED $87
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

That’s lovely! And the better side is, your other half can lock you in and have an hours peace and quiet hahah, or the other way round of course ?

thank you and yes but i think ill be locking myself in there more then shes locking me in haha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)