Not the Easter I hoped for!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    The devil WANTED $76
    Outlaw

Hello been on here a long time so no how the script goes but basically me and my partner noticed my dog wasn’t himself last night and well 4.30AM only way I can describe it was like he was paralysed trying to walk and just falling over so over the day and been in touch with someone who has gave me advice about what to do he is drinking but very little, wanting sleep a lot and his breathing is not normal, I have just tried him with some dinner and he had a bit but not interested which is not like him, he is 14 I am aware this could be coming to the end but he’s my best friend and I need to at least try for him see what a vet would say or any medication he could try and if that isn’t the answer then I ultimately know what is coming, where I stand currently is that his usual vets does not open back up till Tuesday so I’m trying to hold on till then as the out of hours vets as much as this hurts to say I don’t have the money for, I will still have to scramble as best I can to fund his normal vets and I feel like shit because of that so does anyone have any experience of any of this because if he needs the out of hours vets I’ve got no choice, money become just an object at that point but do you have options as if it came to £500 pound or whatever I’m screwed I can scramble 2-3 hundred but that’s down to the penny and what I meant about I know how the script goes I meant this is not a begging post I’m not asking for financial help I’ll do what I can with regards to that but has anyone been down this road, just let me know if anyone has got any advice.

Thanks for reading!

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

Hey mate, you’ve been here a long time, I doubt anybody would read this and think your chancing pennies, the only thing I can suggest( having a sister who has a fuck tonne of dogs ) is ticks….. she always talking about the dangers and if he hasn’t eaten or swallowed something iffy ( chocolate, or furniture ) then ticks can cause those paralysis…..

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Sorry to hear about your doggo 🙁

Sometimes they let you do a pay monthly thing. Do you have pet insurance? When my dog had to be put to sleep a few years ago, it broke my heart but we had him cremated.

Just try and ring the vets when you can and ask them if they do a payment plan. Hopefully they will be able to sort something out for you with how the world is struggling right now.

Hope you’re okay

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Sorry to hear about your dog mate. I’m very much a dog lover. Similar thing happened to our black lab about 5 years ago. She was nearly 11 and one day she either had a stroke or a heart attack. She was almost paralysed and couldn’t walk or lift her head. It was on a Sunday after 4pm and we didn’t know what to do. We sat with her all night preparing to ring the vets first thing Monday morning. We did ring them but unfortunately rosie died at home approximately 9.15am on the Monday. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds very similar. Best thing to do is stay with him and make him as comfortable as possible. That night me and the missus slept downstairs and didn’t leave her side. If you can afford a call out ring the vets and hopefully one will come out. All the best.

The devil WANTED $76
    Outlaw

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I took him to the out of hours vets and he had pneumonia and I had to make the decision to put him down it’s broke me and my partner thanks for the support anyways he just didn’t have the fight to go any longer he died peacefully and in my arms and he will never be forgotten.

Thanks again!

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

The devil wrote:

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I took him to the out of hours vets and he had pneumonia and I had to make the decision to put him down it’s broke me and my partner thanks for the support anyways he just didn’t have the fight to go any longer he died peacefully and in my arms and he will never be forgotten.

Thanks again!

Sorry to hear that mate but i think you made the right decision.

The devil WANTED $76
    Outlaw

I know mate, just struggling to deal with it and he’s only been gone 3 hours I’m in bed and he would normally be in bed with me snoring away haha but he’s not and I’m struggling to come to terms with it don’t want to watch the telly or even a bandit video just feel empty inside but I’ll get there

Bambigotshot WANTED $14
    Blocked

Condolences, you know they are going to pass on eventually but it’s never easy.   But we can’t hang on to them for our own selfish reasons because we love them.   14 years is a good innings, and just treasure the times you had with him, and the fact that you were there with him at the end and he died in the arms of someone he loved and who loved him

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Oh no 🙁 I’m so sorry 🙁

DQ2017 WANTED $20
    Outlaw

So sorry ? they’re not ‘it’s a dog’ they’re so often family. You did the right thing, however hard it is.

The devil WANTED $76
    Outlaw

Yeah a know well he was my best mate and my child as weird as that sounds and it’s adjusting to everyday life without him because he was included in everything me and my partner did and for me I’m now 25 and he has been mine since I was 10 so it’s 15 years of being with him to now living without him but I suppose time is a healer, it’s a rough time for the world I appreciate that so thanks for all the condolences much appreciated and well done to everyone who donated for all the charities on another note!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)