Gamblers greed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rmarni WANTED $3
    Outlaw

Hi peeps,

No this is’nt going to be a completely anti gambling post. I’ve been gambling all my life, had issues when I was younger, but have ironed those out in Adulthood – so I gamble more than I should but still occasionally break my bollocks chasing…it happens.

I just wanted to say that I realised what a greedy bastard I am, enough is never enough. I won 10k from a £100 deposit, previously lost around 1k, I did the usual thing, gambled about 1/4 of it quickly on high stakes, withdrew the rest before I gambled it all. I bought my boys and partner gifts, a new car for my teenage son (his first) New computer with all the trinkets for my teen, a family holiday, clothes, outstanding bills. I had about 4K Left which I entrusted with my partner – but instead of leaving it there for a business I wanted to start , I tapped into her account and took another 2k, lost it online gambling, told her, then promised if she gave me the other 2k I would Win it back, lost it, and since then been feeling like shit because no matter how much I try to get another boost, I keep losing and can’t get above the 1k mark. It did make me realise that despite controlling it for so long, If I did have the means I would probably Gamble like the bandit with ever higher stakes. It’s greed, I want more, I miss having enough to even play properly anymore, this is starting to feel like the scene from goodfellas when he becomes a civvi, life seems empty without it at the mo.

Exgambler69 WANTED $10
    Outlaw

Sounds like you haven’t ironed anything out in adulthood

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

But you got something out of it, and that’s a positive even tho the story is obviously a negative ….But when you start chasing the big top ( and you are still doing it ?) To recover a win you lost  its a dangerous place to be in your mind, just take care and be careful mate,

Rmarni WANTED $3
    Outlaw

I agree – I thought I had but given the chance I’d probably fuck up at some point…hopefully like an alcoholic if I shout it out enough I’ll start making the change and manage it better. Best.

Rmarni WANTED $3
    Outlaw

Think that’s the main difference from my younger days – at least I dished it out before losing it all. ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)