Dodgy arcades

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tsietisin WANTED $6
    Outlaw

I recently took a trip to a seaside arcade to have a go on a few machines.

Let me explain my day.

Stay off in the first machine, can’t remember what but on putting the second poipo in, there’s an coin jam alarm. Along comes the owner, switches it off and gives me a pound even though I had put in two. No big deal, only a quid.

I slide on over to a Party Time machine. This one at least accepts my money after a couple of pounds in, I have won one back. I go to collect but the collect button isn’t working. This machine thankfully times out after a couple of minutes and pays out anyway .

I need some change so put £20 in the machine, it runs out after paying £8. These thing have to happen eventuallye ventu isn’t happy about having to refill but does it and I get the cash.

Round to the next machine. This time the pound goes on and gets stuck in the slot. Can’t even use the eject button. I just consider that one lost

At this point I’m wondering if any of the machines work.

I try a Deal or no Deal winfall, no problems with that one.

Over to Elvis, only one of the the machine was working as it is, where I quickly get a bonus but when going to collect, the machines throws up an error and an alarm. Call over the owner again he turns the machine of and hands me my winnings.

Now to Homers Meltdown where literally none of the feature tail lights were working. Absolutely none. I collect what I can then off to one last one.

It’s a set of community slots. I play rainbow riches, the community feature comes relatively quickly and get £34. £10 of it is paid, then an alert comes up to call attendant as there is still £24 to pay.

Another trip to the owner to let him know. First thing he tries to do is short change me, giving me £22 to start with so I advise him off his error, he provides me with the extra £2 and at which point he now kicks me out of his arcade.

I had no issue with this as I don’t know if would have actual gotten money out of any of his machine but nearly everything was broken in one fashion or another.

Anyone else had experience of other places with just as shonky machines?

MichaelLFC96 WANTED $114
    Outlaw

I think a lot of seaside town arcades are neglected now, there’s one place about 40 miles or so from me that has all new machines in and that’s great, but a lot are just filled with decade old machines that are 10p spins £5 jackpots etc. The lights don’t work and half the time the balance screens don’t either!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)