Dear Bandit – About your Mouse – the Solution!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ulrichburke WANTED $4
    Outlaw

Dear Bandit.

The problem’s Grease – and I don’t mean the movie! A mouse is all held together by one little screw in its underside.  Undo it and you can lift the top off.  Take out the ball-bearing, give it a little wash – no soap – and dry it thoroughly with kitchen paper (or loo roll!) which will give it its ‘grip’ back.

Then have a look at the mouse wheel.  That’s got an axel that’s forever getting coked up with grease and whatever you’ve been munching – if you’ve been eating crisps, all the crumbs will stick to a layer of grease on the axel and will be being transmitted to the mouse wheel, which means it can’t transmit the signal properly.  Why? Because it relies on how it ‘cuts through’ the infra-red light inside ths mouse – if the light’s refracting off a layer of grease, the poor system’s getting so many mixed reflection messages it doesn’t know which are the real ones, hence the hesitations in movement.  Carefully lift the mousewheel out – one end will prob. be in a little hole, the other in a U-shaped resting socket – making sure you don’t bust the hole end off – VERY EASILY DONE! – and give THAT a wash and a drying-off with kitchen paper – loo roll on this might well leave little threads behind which will also refract the light wrongly.  When it’s dry, and non-reflective matt, put the socket end back in first, the other end back in its U. The ball should drop back in place in the hole just behind it but you might need to keep the mouse lifted whilst screwing it back together, or  the top will be resting ON the ball and the screw will snap the socket if you try to tighten it then – the plastic they make these mice out of is not the best!

Basically, lack of mouse movement is always incorrect light refraction.  There’s also mouse settings internally in your computer but I don’t know if you’re using Windows or Mac so I can’t advise where they are.  If you’re using a nice, fast Windows PC, a good trick with the games is to download Bluestacks and run ’em on that as if you’re using them on your phone. They’re more optimised for phones these days and that’ll run them better.

Hope the above helps!

Yours respectfully

Chris.  Who watches your channel for therapy, I’m disabled and it’s nice to feel I’m with someone who Actually Isn’t Taking the Living Piss out of the Disabilities all the time – that’s a REALLY RARE SITUATION with neurotypicals, believe me.  I really feel if I ever met you in person, you’d talk to me like I was a human being, not an escapee from an asylum!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)