Danger! High Voltage – Technical Analysis (The best symbol on Gates of Hell etc)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    TheReelStory WANTED $14
    Outlaw

So Danger! High Voltage is, like many others, my favourite slot. So I decided to do some digging around on some of the things that I had questions on and I turned up some pretty interesting information. If you have any questions of your own. Feel free to ask!

I’ll do a video at some point explaining all of this, but for now I figured i’d just post it. So here we go:

Q: Do the reel sets change in the bonus rounds?

A: Yes. There are 14 reel sets for Danger! High Voltage in all. 1 is the base game, 10 are the Gates of Hell sets (depending on the symbol you get) and 3 are for the High Voltage bonus round.

Q: So the reel sets change for Gates of Hell. What is the best symbol to be given then?

A: Nine, but here is a list of the symbol frequency on reels 2-5 in order of best to worst (the higher the frequency the better). Taco is a surprisingly good symbol.

Symbol – Frequency
    Nine – 41
    King – 40
    Taco – 38
    Ace – 38
    Queen – 36
    Ten – 36
    Jack – 34
    Disco Ball – 29
    Bell – 28
    Skull – 25

Q: What about wilds and x6 wilds, are they symbols on the reels?

A: No, it appears not. Despite the fact that, graphically, you see them spinning past, it appears they can just substitute randomly on reels 2-5. I don’t know the probabilities, that will be held on the game server.

Q: What about wilds on the High Voltage feature?

A: Same as above, it seems they occur randomly as a substitute for whatever symbols are on the reels.

Q: You said there are 3 reel sets for the High Voltage feature? What do they do?

A: This is an interesting one. It seems that every spin in High Voltage selects one of 3 reel sets at random (specifically, reel sets 8, 10 and 12). It seems like there is different levels of generosity between the 3. So reel set 8 is the worst, whereas 12 is the best. 12 adds an extra 5 bonus symbols and an extra 6 skulls as well as adding more high paying symbols while removing low paying ones. So you may find that, if you’ve had a REALLY good run on High Voltage, you were lucky enough to get reel sets 10 and 12 on most of your spins, whereas if you have a shocking run, you were probably getting reel set 8 most of the time.

Q: Does this mean I have to get good reel sets to win anything on High Voltage?

A: No, you can still get retriggers and big hits, even on reel set 8. You just have a higher chance of those things on sets 10 and 12.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Nice job, I was doing the same thing but you’ve poked further than I’d bothered this far! Can you provide the mapping of numbers to symbols in the array representing the base game reelset (which appeared to me to  be the one with 177 symbols total for each reel?)

TheReelStory WANTED $14
    Outlaw

I certainly can. This is true of every reel set, they all use the same numbers for the symbols. And yes, you’re right about the one with 177 on each reel being the base game.

1 = Skull

2 = Bell

3 = Disco Ball

4 = Taco

5 = Ace

6 = King

7 = Queen

8 = Jack

9 = Ten

10 = Nine

11 = Bonus

TheReelStory WANTED $14
    Outlaw

I did a bit more analysis on Gates of Hell for my upcoming video that goes deep into the game explaining how it all works (The Reel  Story on YouTube if you’re interested).

What I wanted to look at was the frequency of the symbols on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5, rather than just the total. This threw up some interesting insights. You can see below how the frequency of symbols gets much less on reels 4 and 5, meaning getting wilds on every reel is actually quite difficult (makes sense as that is what gives you the biggest wins) but some symbols are far less likely to give you the across the board hit than others.

I.E, Disco Balls only having 1 instance on Reel 4 means it’s REALLY hard to get a full line, let alone re-trigger on Reel 4.

Taco’s and Kings, while having a high number of symbols, really lowers on reel 5, meaning the full line is less likely.

9’s are well balanced, but actually have less chance to fill up reels 2 and 3 than many other symbols, so this may explain why people get 9’s on a bonus and it sucks (because all the wilds are on reels 4 and 5). I found it pretty interesting!

Shout if you have any questions

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Really good insight this @TheReelStory – I’m surprised this thread isn’t more active!

Can I ask how you know all this, what is the source of your information?

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

You can derive all this information from examining the game client’s source code, I was in the middle of a similar project when TheReelStory first posted the thread, they saved me loads of time!

TheReelStory WANTED $14
    Outlaw

Exactly as above. The game source code and the communications that are sent between the client and the server.

Mainly basic analysis of the reel sets ?

ligarr WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Always hated disco balls the most,atleast had a retrigger with skulls before:)…only full screen ive ever seen on gates was 9s also..was streamer showing a still picture of it.(not his win).

Jay3k1 WANTED $24
    Outlaw

Great insight this is, class work ??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)