What’s happened to pub fruit machines?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ImperialDragon WANTED $68
    Outlaw

This section of the forum is pretty stagnant, reflecting the lack fruit machines now.  Until recently, you saw them in pubs, nightclubs, chip shops, train stations, funfairs and holiday/caravan sites.  Covid struck, then as the lockdowns eased, I was going out again and still saw the fruities.  Then last year, they suddenly all vanished.

Are they no longer viable?  I enjoyed playing £25 jackpots, which was around for donkeys.  Then we saw several jackpot increases in close succession up to £100 (possibly higher?) and wasn’t so keen on them.  Other punters possibly felt the same?

The devil WANTED $76
    Outlaw

They’ve gone out of fashion or simply newer generations aren’t playing them, all of the BS on like tiktok, YouTube and other platforms has killed anything like that majority now will be online, don’t think you’ll see them around after a few more years

Devereux WANTED $1
    Outlaw

People are rarely going out with cash in their pockets – all on card. That’s got to have a massive effect on them.

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

Pubs prefer a table these days sadly, digital machines with 3000 games seem to have killed the traditional style it seems!

LukeyP WANTED $4
    Outlaw

I think it’s down the people realising the RTP is pathetic compared to online. You can pull your phone out instead and have a much better chance of winning while sat at the pub.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)