Videoslots Battles

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    StevieG WANTED $17
    Outlaw

I contacted support regarding this issue over 24 hours ago and am still waiting to hear back. A bit worried they’re just going to fob me off so I thought I’d share my findings here as most of us are from the UK.

There is a difference between the exchange rate used when buying-in to slots battles and the one used to pay out winnings which means that players are being short-changed. The difference isn’t huge but it adds up very quickly for players who play regularly.

Example from my email to support:

100 euro tournament debited my account £87.94 (79.15 entry +8.79 fee)
    I won the battle for 700 euro and was paid £609.45. This works out at a rate of £87.06 per 100 euro (609.45/7)

The battle lobby for that tournament showed the correct prize amount of £615.58 (87.94*7), however, I was only paid £609.45 (15/02/19 23:51:02 GMT Battle Prize Money 609.45)

I also won the joker bonus which was paid at the same incorrect rate. So in this tournament alone, I was short-changed over £10. Over the lifetime of my account, I’m guessing I’ve been short-changed over £200.

Just something to be aware of. I’ll update this if/when Videoslots reply and -hopefully- refund me + update the exchange rates used.

sidders WANTED $21
    Outlaw

How bizarre, never actually thought of it like that as I took it that everything was the same. They must be pocketing a fair bit of pocket money . Once again we are being pick pocketed ?

@stevieg just curious, what’s a joker bonus as I wondered what that little hat thing was ?

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

Tried a few inc rebuys but never placed.

StevieG WANTED $17
    Outlaw

@sidders – When a battle starts, one player who pre-registered is given the joker bonus. If they go on to win they get their prize doubled. It actually makes some of the 50 and 100 euro battles super profitable as only 1-3 people pre-reg. Also if you pre-reg and get a big score it puts people off late-reging.

That 100 euro one I used as an example only ended up with 6 players for the 1000 gt’d prize pool. Worth keeping an eye on.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I think this is similar on poker stars. I swear if you deposit £10 you get about 12.5 USD ish but if you want to withdraw its more like 13.5 USD to get £10.

Izattm WANTED $18
    Outlaw

I think it’s probably to do with exchange rates.

Like if you go to the post office and buy euros at a rate of 1.3 euros per 1 pound…. If you were to then sell them back to the post office you would only be offered a rate of 1.2 euros per 1 pound for example.

Will most likely be the same on these sites.

Izattm WANTED $18
    Outlaw

Is it not probably to do with exchange rates? Like you buy euros for example at the post office, you’ll get for examlle 1.3 – 1. However should you decide then to sell your euros back you’ll only maybe get a rate of 1.2 – 1.

I imagine it’s the same principle tbh.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)