The harsh reality of gambling – facts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #48321
    Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

    Irrefutable is the word. Absolute is another. Facts, if they are facts, are not open to debate if they are 100% true.

    1. The majority [ >66% ]  of long term (over 10 years) gamblers are losers, overall.
    2. All gambling is rigged for the house edge. This house edge pays : bookie/casino/government license & taxes/employees/costs/free drinks/hoover bags and all the profit associated with every company from the casino to the hoover bag maker.
    3. Eventually for a gamble to be considered a real gamble, it has to be seen to pay, at some point.
    4. Gambling changes lives.
    —- in small ways, wins or losses, even breaking even, means you spent time gambling and that is a change from not.
    —- sometimes, a person can win a huge amount of life changing money, buy a house, a yacht, a car, a motorbike. our great bandit and myself have done one or the other of the aforementioned purchases, because of gambling, no doubt, you may have too.
    —- gambling can ruin lives, families, inflame domestic violence, cost jobs, lead to or assist heavy drinking or other addictions, end in self harm and or death.
    5. The government and the companies/business heads who run the industry have an amazing invisible banner that leads many of us to believe “They do not rally care about us”. Not to be confused with the bs marketing ploy “When the fun stops, stop” or similar, like KYC etc. “You can see a mans face, but you can’t see his heart”.
    6. Some people think the industry is fixed worse. That the rules are a mask for bs going on behind the scenes. That maybe 96% RTP is actually 46%, as a random example, but you get the picture.
    7. Some people think the industry and government, would never do such a thing and is as honest as the day is long. Some of these people will not be happy that I have written this post, for example.
    8. It is totally possible to have no faith and trust in the system yet have won a huge amount of money, gambling. This is sometimes because you have witnessed corruption in the system. There could be other reasons for the lack of faith.
    9. Many gamblers can know all this yet still cannot stop themselves from having a flutter. A flutter can and often does lead to some level of tilt mode. That means, they try again and again.. and maybe again, and maybe lose bigtime or everything.

    Just to reiterate…. all I really wanna say is they don’t really care about us.

    1
    #48323
    Manicmania WANTED $11
    Outlaw

    I might have missed some stuff today, not totally sure but one thing i ‘d like to add to your facts list;

    Gambling is a mugs game. But we are all mugs together on here. Let’s have each other’s backs yeah?

    #48324
    Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

    Manicmania wrote:

    I might have missed some stuff today, not totally sure but one thing i ‘d like to add to your facts list;

    Gambling is a mugs game. But we are all mugs together on here. Let’s have each other’s backs yeah?

    That’s generally in there with fact 1.

    1
    #48326
    Manicmania WANTED $11
    Outlaw

    Mr B wrote:

    Manicmania wrote:

    I might have missed some stuff today, not totally sure but one thing i ‘d like to add to your facts list;

    Gambling is a mugs game. But we are all mugs together on here. Let’s have each other’s backs yeah?

    That’s generally in there with fact 1.

    In the context of this forum I think it’s the only fact that really matters mate that was my point x

    #48327
    MichaelLFC96 WANTED $114
    Outlaw

    The thing with gambling is, it’s bollocks.

    Its literally chucked down our throats, it’s not regulated in anyway and they cover their backs with ‘if the fun stops, stop’ wowee

    Not enough is done to help those who are addicted or have beaten the addiction. They banned alcohol advertisements because of the negative impact they were having on children, but 80% of adverts of TV are encouraging men and women in the UK to gamble. It’s just wrong.

    Youre watching the football, there’s adverts for the latest odds, the programme continues, the players walk out, they squeeze another advert in before kick-off. Rinse and repeat.

     

    Imagine being a former addict addict and then seeing these adverts plastered all over your screen. It’d be enough to drive anyone insane. They’re even advertising bingo constantly to women before the soaps etc. It’s advertised on daytime television. You just can’t get away from it, it needs to stop.

    18+ products should be a ‘if you know about it’ thing and that’s it. It shouldn’t be advertised and normalised as much as it is.

    2
    1
    #48332
    Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

    MichaelLFC96 wrote:

    The thing with gambling is, it’s bollocks.

    Its literally chucked down our throats, it’s not regulated in anyway and they cover their backs with ‘if the fun stops, stop’ wowee

    Not enough is done to help those who are addicted or have beaten the addiction. They banned alcohol advertisements because of the negative impact they were having on children, but 80% of adverts of TV are encouraging men and women in the UK to gamble. It’s just wrong.

    Youre watching the football, there’s adverts for the latest odds, the programme continues, the players walk out, they squeeze another advert in before kick-off. Rinse and repeat.

     

    Imagine being a former addict addict and then seeing these adverts plastered all over your screen. It’d be enough to drive anyone insane. They’re even advertising bingo constantly to women before the soaps etc. It’s advertised on daytime television. You just can’t get away from it, it needs to stop.

    18+ products should be a ‘if you know about it’ thing and that’s it. It shouldn’t be advertised and normalised as much as it is.

    Hi Michael 🤗 I liked this post… As your trying to look out for the kids and the addict.

    As you have an understanding of addiction from reading your previous posts & that great win you got, you yourself realise its not always about self control, as an addict has not got that once the bug hits… Unfortunately the capitalist world we live in the products take 1st priority as long as there not damaging anyone’s health. Alcohol and cigarettes were always going to get restricted but gambling has been opened up to the masses, which in a lot of peoples mind is wrong…. We had major problems in the past with gambling 60’s mostly due to illegal means mostly, then the Labour Party decided to open the game back up again. The main problem I have is as you say the advertising 2nd is the amount of available bookmakers in poorer areas. And these subjects can only be attacked through your local MP’s and Government action.

    Someone your age (I assume your young) who lives a modest life at University and has experience in gambling could use this experience to send letters emails etc to your local MP to help address these situations, because no one else really does, it would be a good 2nd course for your Uni maybe or extra course work, maybe look into it, and ask around your friends to see if any of them are interested in coming along for the experience in helping the community. Gather signatures and start a action plan, to help curtail the advertising & amount of places to gamble.

    I feel like this could be a passion for someone like yourself 😂 and is why I replied to your post, and as its not about stopping people from enjoying themselfs but helping the addict. Thanks Michael 👍😂😂😂

    I know I know but It’s Tuesday morning and I’m bored 😊😊😊

    #48333
    DEVIL4POSTER WANTED $38
    Outlaw

    Mr B wrote:

    Irrefutable is the word. Absolute is another. Facts, if they are facts, are not open to debate if they are 100% true.

    1. The majority [ >66% ]  of long term (over 10 years) gamblers are losers, overall. 2. All gambling is rigged for the house edge. This house edge pays : bookie/casino/government license & taxes/employees/costs/free drinks/hoover bags and all the profit associated with every company from the casino to the hoover bag maker.
    3. Eventually for a gamble to be considered a real gamble, it has to be seen to pay, at some point.
    4. Gambling changes lives.
    —- in small ways, wins or losses, even breaking even, means you spent time gambling and that is a change from not.
    —- sometimes, a person can win a huge amount of life changing money, buy a house, a yacht, a car, a motorbike. our great bandit and myself have done one or the other of the aforementioned purchases, because of gambling, no doubt, you may have too.
    —- gambling can ruin lives, families, inflame domestic violence, cost jobs, lead to or assist heavy drinking or other addictions, end in self harm and or death.
    5. The government and the companies/business heads who run the industry have an amazing invisible banner that leads many of us to believe “They do not rally care about us”. Not to be confused with the bs marketing ploy “When the fun stops, stop” or similar, like KYC etc. “You can see a mans face, but you can’t see his heart”.
    6. Some people think the industry is fixed worse. That the rules are a mask for bs going on behind the scenes. That maybe 96% RTP is actually 46%, as a random example, but you get the picture.
    7. Some people think the industry and government, would never do such a thing and is as honest as the day is long. Some of these people will not be happy that I have written this post, for example.
    8. It is totally possible to have no faith and trust in the system yet have won a huge amount of money, gambling. This is sometimes because you have witnessed corruption in the system. There could be other reasons for the lack of faith.
    9. Many gamblers can know all this yet still cannot stop themselves from having a flutter. A flutter can and often does lead to some level of tilt mode. That means, they try again and again.. and maybe again, and maybe lose bigtime or everything.

    Just to reiterate…. all I really wanna say is they don’t really care about us.

    I agree with you on a lot of these points, alot of them are true. some knowledge and behaviours are circular and some linear though. also a fact isn’t science fiction or opinion but a fact ‘the the same as “irrefutable” a fact and is a theory based on science that can be later possibly proved to be incorrect though lack of suffiecent data at the time and other variables unknown of. see classical questions vs questions asked in quantum math as an example. i.e (is the question stupid to begin with?) However what you talk about; the way the whole system operates on stats that are a lie aren’t really true and it’s a rigged system I 100% agree with you I’m 37 and been gambling since 7 years old and the whole system is corrupt. what you mention about time spent doing it is time wasted is also true- The hidden value. I’ve spent about 500k on gambling, hestistant to add. If I had been more frugral that wud have been worth much more even by just not gambling in the first place. I hope you don’t think I’m being aguementative just a different perspective slighty. but in general I agree with your post 🙂

    #48334
    DEVIL4POSTER WANTED $38
    Outlaw

    *a fact isn’t isn’t science fiction or opinion, but also a fact isn’t the same as “irrefutable”, afact is…

     

    #48335
    DEVIL4POSTER WANTED $38
    Outlaw

    Stevie25 wrote:

    MichaelLFC96 wrote:

    The thing with gambling is, it’s bollocks.

    Its literally chucked down our throats, it’s not regulated in anyway and they cover their backs with ‘if the fun stops, stop’ wowee

    Not enough is done to help those who are addicted or have beaten the addiction. They banned alcohol advertisements because of the negative impact they were having on children, but 80% of adverts of TV are encouraging men and women in the UK to gamble. It’s just wrong.

    Youre watching the football, there’s adverts for the latest odds, the programme continues, the players walk out, they squeeze another advert in before kick-off. Rinse and repeat.

     

    Imagine being a former addict addict and then seeing these adverts plastered all over your screen. It’d be enough to drive anyone insane. They’re even advertising bingo constantly to women before the soaps etc. It’s advertised on daytime television. You just can’t get away from it, it needs to stop.

    18+ products should be a ‘if you know about it’ thing and that’s it. It shouldn’t be advertised and normalised as much as it is.

    Hi Michael 🤗 I liked this post… As your trying to look out for the kids and the addict.

    As you have an understanding of addiction from reading your previous posts & that great win you got, you yourself realise its not always about self control, as an addict has not got that once the bug hits… Unfortunately the capitalist world we live in the products take 1st priority as long as there not damaging anyone’s health. Alcohol and cigarettes were always going to get restricted but gambling has been opened up to the masses, which in a lot of peoples mind is wrong…. We had major problems in the past with gambling 60’s mostly due to illegal means mostly, then the Labour Party decided to open the game back up again. The main problem I have is as you say the advertising 2nd is the amount of available bookmakers in poorer areas. And these subjects can only be attacked through your local MP’s and Government action.

    Someone your age (I assume your young) who lives a modest life at University and has experience in gambling could use this experience to send letters emails etc to your local MP to help address these situations, because no one else really does, it would be a good 2nd course for your Uni maybe or extra course work, maybe look into it, and ask around your friends to see if any of them are interested in coming along for the experience in helping the community. Gather signatures and start a action plan, to help curtail the advertising & amount of places to gamble.

    I feel like this could be a passion for someone like yourself 😂 and is why I replied to your post, and as its not about stopping people from enjoying themselfs but helping the addict. Thanks Michael 👍😂😂😂

    I know I know but It’s Tuesday morning and I’m bored 😊😊😊

    out of interest how old are u? close to ur 70’s?

    #48340
    Malkychamp WANTED $403
    Outlaw

    All you have to do is educate yourself and you can profit from bookies every month

    #48347
    EnglishGuy WANTED $77
    Outlaw

    Clever guy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)