So my internet was put in today…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    NOMAD RED 7 WANTED $12
    Outlaw

A very interesting read through all of this thread. Like a little trip back in time…lol. Think he may have to be called The Time Bandit :).

On a serious note i hope you get it sorted soon, i only had a couple of weeks without internet before xmas and i was going nuts. No gambling, cant sort your bills, lack of conversation with friends and family…plus the other 18+ sites we use everyday.. well occasionally. It amazeing how we have come to rely on it over the last few years…great tech… 🙂

Anonymous WANTED $81
    Inactive

MurciPete wrote:

I had similar issues, I live in the middle of knowhere.  My download was 2mb and upload was about .6.

to get fibre to my door, I got a quote from openreach, who by the way are massivly incompetant, that quote was £120,000, yes 120k.   That was to run broadband from the nearest cabinet 4 miles away.  Next option was satelite broadband, I had that installed, it was ok, cost me £80 per month for 10mb down, about 2 up.  But my package was a maximum of 80gb a month, you can get more but at a price. I had that for 18 months until a company started installling masts around my area,  they fit a dish to the side of my house and I now get 30mb down and about 3 up,  but its uncontended, so in effect its much faster.

In my humble opinion, I think you should investigate satelite broadband.   It has vastly improved in the last couple of years.   You now transmit and recieve from the dish, rather than just recieve and rely on a landline to transmit.

How was the satellite broadband for playing slots or online video games? I know satellite can be great for pretty much everything these days and at a decent price. The only thing it’s bad for is latency. You could 100% play slots with satellite but would it be stable enough for recording purposes?

pancrackbob WANTED $1
    Outlaw

Be cheaper and quicker to move 🙂 (again)

hillwall WANTED $1
    Outlaw

Have you investigated if there are any WISPs (Wireless Internet Service Providers) in your area?  They send you a router which connects to their WAN and allows you to connect to the WISP network – no phone line or any cabling outside your property required.

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/guides/broadband/wireless-broadband

We have 2 WISPs in my rural area, one of which has its transmitters installed on the top of churches – top speeds are not amazing but you can get theoretical 50mbps down and 10mbps up unlimited for £50/month.  You can get broadband even if the nearest transmitter is quite a few miles away – depending on topography.  Very, very location specific though and may not work if there are tall trees/you are in a valley etc.

Sarahb9998 WANTED $7
    Outlaw

If your next door neighbour has fibre I would consider asking for broadband password even offer to split or pay there bill if you can see there wireless network in your house that is

voodoodolleke WANTED $5
    Outlaw

Sarahb9998 wrote:

If your next door neighbour has fibre I would consider asking for broadband password even offer to split or pay there bill if you can see there wireless network in your house that is

Or just run a LAN cable to their modem and hook it up to your own router. If they’re not that far away ofcourse 😀

BSK1 WANTED $48
    Outlaw

Bandit, what did I tell you on Rolla’s stream?

Come on think about it ?

Biggierabbit WANTED $7
    Outlaw

Stupid moment alert !!!!!!

I moved in to a new build about 8 years ago I opted for sky broadband as I had no choice !!  I was trying to watch netflix/YouTube to no avail ps4 didn’t work ether, phone sky tell them its not good enough bla bla bla was told the green box needs upgrading to cope with the new site would be 6 months maxium. Thought okay it’s getting sorted no problem. Nearly 2 years pass and my car was on its way out I awoke one morning with a great idea .. New car = new box .. It was really icy that morning and I somehow managed to sort my Internet out within 2 weeks….. ???

Xoalissa WANTED $1
    Outlaw

I think he meant left the internet as in cancelling rather than keep on renting the property ? actually feel like crying been looking forward to a video today haha hope you get it sorted soon

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Biggierabbit wrote:

Stupid moment alert !!!!!!

I moved in to a new build about 8 years ago I opted for sky broadband as I had no choice !!  I was trying to watch netflix/YouTube to no avail ps4 didn’t work ether, phone sky tell them its not good enough bla bla bla was told the green box needs upgrading to cope with the new site would be 6 months maxium. Thought okay it’s getting sorted no problem. Nearly 2 years pass and my car was on its way out I awoke one morning with a great idea .. New car = new box .. It was really icy that morning and I somehow managed to sort my Internet out within 2 weeks….. ???

You’re right, you are stupid.

slotking74 WANTED $3
    Outlaw

Lmao i had them speeds in back in the 1800s,<span style=”font-size: 1rem;”>  lol</span>

At least i can boast about my big speeds lol

propane007 WANTED $1
    Outlaw

Djneeds wrote:

Get in there mysty boy!

See the next video 2020 then ?

????

ReeceV WANTED $0
    Outlaw

Not sure if this has already been resolved but what does your router admin page look like? That’ll tell you atleast the maximum your line can handle – speedtest isn’t accurate and issues with your network can massively affect it. Feel free to message me if you need guidance mate, there’s not much I don’t know as its what I do for a living

Here’s mine lol

Welshcabbieslots WANTED $1
    Outlaw

What happened with reel king last night

granpappydave WANTED $18
    Outlaw

Can’t you put a postcode checker for the internet providers in your area got to be something better than that mate am with virgin 220 meg it goes like shit off a shovel lol

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)