Poker Tilt

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Hey fellow poker players,

Just been thinking back since I started playing poker and I’ve kind of realised nothing gets me more tilted than receiving some of the bad beats you get playing online poker! You know, you can have a few spins on the slots and have a near miss on a big win or get instant binned on a gamble or get double binned on Fruit Warp but nothing for me quite compares to the tilt I go on when playing cards online.

Just a few experiences for me that really made me lose my shit

A few years back I was playing the $3.30 bounty builder and I managed to reach the final table, these kind of tournaments used to draw in 5000-9000 players per tournament, I think online poker has died down since the Chris Moneymaker days so the money up top on these is no where near what it used to be nowadays but first place was $1200+bounties at least (can’t remember the exact figure, it was years ago) anyways it gets down to the final 6 players and I’m on the button with JJ with around 1 million in my stack and blinds going up…I jam and get a fold from SB but BB with around 2 million chips decides to call me. Well he flips over 5/2o and i’m jumping for joy with a flop of A 3 J how the hell can I lose this pot! But low and behold the poker gods hand reaches down from those pearly gates and proceeds to firmly grab my nut sack and starts giving my little fellas a good yank! He hits that miracle straight A 3 J 7 4! I go out with a decent score but massively tilted as winning that hand would have put me in good stead to win the tournament. I suppose I can’t blame the guy for calling with the size of the bounties in play and even if he lost he would still have a stack to play with but yeah, online poker eh.

So many other bad beats that I could go on about such as getting deep in the Sunday storm and getting it in good on a flop of QK7 holding KK with the villain holding QQ and him hitting quads on the river but the bounty builder hurt more even though there was less money up top, guess it was because I was on the FT with a genuine shot at winning the thing. I’ve kind of realised that tilt is my major downfall with poker, after receiving a beat I’ll toss caution to the wind and say to hell with BR management and then it’s just a one way ticket to bust town.

So I’m curious about what bad beat stories you can share in this thread and also how do you deal with tilt?

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

If you play at Pokerstars mate. Then they are in no way classed as Bad Beats…..its rigged and fraudulent as fuck there.

I will never play there again…apart from home games cos they cant rig them…..”i think”

Hope ya luck changes pal.

?

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

Just Basics wrote:

If you play at Pokerstars mate. Then they are in no way classed as Bad Beats…..its rigged and fraudulent as fuck there.

I will never play there again…apart from home games cos they cant rig them…..”i think”

?

I hear poker stars are sorting it so you lose JB, something about threats? ??

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

Xbobmad wrote:

Just Basics wrote:

?

I hear poker stars are sorting it so you lose JB, something about threats? ??

Shhhh ?

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

I’ve had a few bad beats mate but I’ve also delivered quite a few as well. I’ve got it in way behind in some cash games and managed to hit that one outer.

I knowing shit when it happens to You, but have you done it to other people…….lol

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Worst poker bad beat I ever had was on 888. I had 9 8 flop 9 9 8. Thinking I hope I can drag him and I do with a nice bet. Turn card is a queen. We bet, raise re raise all in. What I didn’t say was the 8 9 and queen were all spades. He’s sat on 10 and jack spades. I lose full house on flop to a straight flush. I’m fuckin speechless ???

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Just Basics wrote:

?

Why so salty towards pokerstars? They are by far the best poker client about these days

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

Malkychamp wrote:

Just Basics wrote:

?

Why so salty towards pokerstars? They are by far the best poker client about these days

Cant believe you don’t already know why i hate em so much malkychamp. When i first became a member here i posted a huge rant on them.

Basically ive been a member of pokerstars for over a decade .and in that time i have been battered from pillar to post by fraudulent outcomes.

I know when I’ve been cheated

And they have fucked me out of a fuck load of money.

I can take bad Beats mate…what i cant take is cancerous fraud.

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

And yes i agree they have the best software and mtt structures. Such a shame that they abuse the power that they have. #Cunts

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Just Basics wrote:

And yes i agree they have the best software and mtt structures. Such a shame that they abuse the power that they have. #Cunts

haha dont recall the post i do however remember seeing something about hunting down daniel negreanu

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Malkychamp wrote:

Just Basics wrote:

haha dont recall the post i do however remember seeing something about hunting down daniel negreanu

Shouldn’t be too hard all you need is a twig, a box, a piece of string and a plate of tofu 😛

Absolutely, Andy. I can take a beat when the person I’m against plays well or has no choice but to call such as the QQ v KK hand or when there is a big bounty at stake your pretty much calling with any two…I’ll still tilt but mainly due to the lost opportunity if it’s a deep run. One of the thing that really boils my piss though is when you get someone calling with no logic behind the call, completely missed the board, not having a strong enough hand to justify the call or to even continue calling down and in most cases beaten on all fronts but they call regardless and then somehow get there. I know it’s in my benefit to get such a call in the long run you’ll be printing money but it still doesn’t make it any less tilting at the time of the beat. I just find myself sitting there in disbelief sometimes thinking how can this person even consider calling that. Suppose I’m just rambling now tho :).

Why don’t you play online poker if you don’t mind me asking?

Also yeah, it was on Pokerstars.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)