Mr B’s Digital Art thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    andywilliams1187 WANTED $394
    Blocked

I wouldnt have a clue where to start with any of it. When I was in college I got a blag copy of 3d studio max (was top of the range back then). Thought I would be designing games in no time. Loaded it up and gave up after about 8 minutes.

Mr B WANTED $381
    Outlaw

Sometimes I see good people and literally pick on them. One of the things I love to do is take a 2D logo and make it 3D. It’s really not that difficult after years playing with the tools. I literally made this last week for a good man who reached out to me a couple of years ago when I was in a bad place and helped me out.

Mr B WANTED $381
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

I wouldnt have a clue where to start with any of it. When I was in college I got a blag copy of 3d studio max (was top of the range back then). Thought I would be designing games in no time. Loaded it up and gave up after about 8 minutes.

I kid you not, a friend literally gave me a copy. $4,500 to buy. I sat on it for over a year refusing to install it because I knew what would happen. My wife used to go mad at me cause I would get so into creating with it, I was in my own world and of course, she kept accusing me of ignoring her.

This is about 70-80 hours of modeling. A good few years ago now. The speakers in the stereo (that you can hardly see) vibrated and the bash at making technic SL1200’s included the platters spinning and to my amazement, the dot strobes worked too.

andywilliams1187 WANTED $394
    Blocked

You really should set up a website and market this mate. Could be a good little earner for you. Im sure that there are lots of companies who would pay for this.

Mr B WANTED $381
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

<p>You really should set up a website and market this mate. Could be a good little earner for you. Im sure that there are lots of companies who would pay for this.</p>

The problem for me all those years as a reggae dj, that’s the circle I was in and created around. I was heavily into the reggae world however it is a relatively poor world where the message in the music is more important than the money to be maybe made from it. And of course, those with money (that I knew), never wanted to spend it.

Now I am not really in a position to work with arrogant people who have demands. I have tried and it has gone badly a few times so I retired from doing it. I love the work, hate the deadlines. Enjoy the creating, detest the stress.

Mr B WANTED $381
    Outlaw

This one is called The dawning morning of yet another global warming warning. (I just made that up)

Some say it’s really happening, others say it isn’t. I reckon they really should have put up signs saying NO GANJA SMOKING POLAR BEARS NEXT TO THE WHALE FEATURE. But of course, no one listens. As a non-drinker I do still like how he keeps his beers cool.

Mr B WANTED $381
    Outlaw

Mr B WANTED $381
    Outlaw

Mr B WANTED $381
    Outlaw

Although I do agree in objections to the degradation on standard toilet paper. In that it’s not even good enough to be toilet paper however there is something more ironic about wiping your backside on shite.

Mr B WANTED $381
    Outlaw

An accusation I stand honourably by. However, this setup might upset the neighbours.

Haz40 WANTED $636
    Outlaw

Mr B wrote:

Although I do agree in objections to the degradation on standard toilet paper. In that it’s not even good enough to be toilet paper however there is something more ironic about wiping your backside on shite.

As a Liverpool fan I particularly like this picture. 👍😁

Mr B WANTED $381
    Outlaw

Due to childhood memories and recent trips, Liverpool is my favourite place in the UK, as far as cities go. I once had to get my passport and a friend mentioned I could go and do it in person so I more than happily put my mountain bike on the train and off I went. Was a beautiful sunny day too. I rode through the floor fountains in the shopping centre. Loved it.

blacko1974 WANTED $246
    Spectator

Don’t know if this is in your area of expertise MrB but i’m helping the old man with his old VHS tapes at present, we have managed to convert them over to his external hard drive. He is now looking for software to edit them and wants to use Pinnacle, only problem is that his processor is 2.8 ish with 8 in ram. Do you know any decent editing software that can be run on basic laptop software? He is just looking at taking these ancient VHS avi files and cutting and trimming them into a file he can save to keep with basic little editing skills thrown in.

Mr B WANTED $381
    Outlaw

Not my field I’m afraid. I have done some video stuff but nothing major in the slightest. While that is quite simple work, I would find a avi/editor/movie editing type forum that isn’t full of toffee nosed c*nts and seek some advice there. Of course, just some good old googling might be enough which is probably the best place to start.

blacko1974 WANTED $246
    Spectator

Mr B wrote:

Not my field I’m afraid. I have done some video stuff but nothing major in the slightest. While that is quite simple work, I would find a avi/editor/movie editing type forum that isn’t full of toffee nosed c*nts and seek some advice there. Of course, just some good old googling might be enough which is probably the best place to start.

Thanks anyway lad, i’ve tried googling but it’s a minefield of either a. premium software or b. free/low cost software which is shit. Most video editing stuff is aimed at seriously expensive custom built machines. We just have a load of old VHS converts. LOL.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)