Lost my job

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Nialld17 WANTED $15
    Outlaw

Currently on a 2hr bus journey home after finding out I lost my job this morning ? they could have rang me and let me know ffs..

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

That’s harsh mate they could have maybe let you know before you made the journey this morning but I also understand it would be a bit unprofessional on there part if they let you know via a text or phone call. Hopefully you find something fairly quickly let us know how you get on mate.

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

Nialld17 wrote:

Currently on a 2hr bus journey home after finding out I lost my job this morning ? they could have rang me and let me know ffs..

We’re you self employed on a contract or something? In most cases, you can’t just spontaneously dismiss someone without notice in this country.

Hitman8787 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

If your from the uk they cant do that to you take them to court they have to give you 2 or 3 weeks notice.

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

I know it’s shit . But fuck 2 hours on the bus to get to work . Was it agency ?

Nialld17 WANTED $15
    Outlaw

I’m in Ireland, I just got handed a letter saying my job is gone with immediate effect, 2hrs because there’s nothing in my hometown.. I’ve had to travel every day.. I have a family to feed, getting work over here is so hard!

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Hitman8787 wrote:

If your from the uk they cant do that to you take them to court they have to give you 2 or 3 weeks notice.

Close!

https://www.gov.uk/redundancy-your-rights/notice-periods

Notice periods
    You must be given a notice period before your employment ends.

The statutory redundancy notice periods are:

– at least one week’s notice if employed between one month and 2 years
    – one week’s notice for each year if employed between 2 and 12 years
    – 12 weeks’ notice if employed for 12 years or more

Check your contract. Your employer may give you more than the statutory minimum, but they cannot give you less.

Notice pay
    As well as statutory redundancy pay, your employer should either:

– Pay you through your notice period
    – Pay you in lieu of notice depending on your circumstances

Payment in lieu of notice
    Your employment can be ended without notice if ‘payment in lieu of notice’ is included in your contract. Your employer will pay you instead of giving you a notice period.

You get all of the basic pay you would’ve received during the notice period. You may get extras such as pension contributions or private health care insurance if they’re in your contract.

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

argyl53 wrote:

Nialld17 wrote:

We’re you self employed on a contract or something? In most cases, you can’t just spontaneously dismiss someone without notice in this country.

If he hadn’t finished working his probation period they can get rid with immidiate effect.

Also if he was on a zero hour contract they can do the same.

If you have a contract and have been at the company a few months then they could get in a lot of trouble for that surely..

Nialld17 WANTED $15
    Outlaw

0 hour contract I’m afraid, I’ve been working with them for 3 years on and off, just before I get to the full time period they let me go, usually in November but now they left me fudged for a while I’ve a loan to pay off from Christmas.. Awful news absolutely heartbroken.

Lanny WANTED $19
    Blocked

Go see the doctor for all the stress then claim esa £500 a month at least you’ll have some money coming in good luck

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

Lanny wrote:

Go see the doctor for all the stress then claim esa £500 a month at least you’ll have some money coming in good luck

yeah benefits fraud. Great answer.

Nialld17 WANTED $15
    Outlaw

Made an appointment to see a doctor today, I’ve been diagnosed with bipolar in August last year, so seeing the doctor for sick certs is always an option but don’t like to take advantage of it especially when I feel okay, will keep posted on the outcome.

Guffleshuffle87 WANTED $60
    Outlaw

Nialld17 wrote:

Made an appointment to see a doctor today, I’ve been diagnosed with bipolar in August last year, so seeing the doctor for sick certs is always an option but don’t like to take advantage of it especially when I feel okay, will keep posted on the outcome.

Tough luck that mate, losing your job n’all….but I’m sure if you ask at your local pub (gotta Be loads round your ways) and see if there is any bartender work going. Ask at the local supermarket. There is always options, don’t give in so easily. But please, PLEASE don’t keep us updated with how you are screwing the benefits system when you feel fine. I appreciate you were diagnosed with a mental health disorder last year mate, but don’t let that become something that holds you back. Don’t let it defy you. As soon as you start playing the sick card you will get in a comfort zone and not many will look to hire you when you apply if they see a big gap and you tell them you were off with stress. Good luck hunting for a job mate, the real grafters will always find ways to put money on the table. All the best

Nialld17 WANTED $15
    Outlaw

Exactly mate, I was advised mid September by my doctor, I’m not gonna screw with benefits, working keeps me in routine which is good for my mental health, there’s literally one pub where I live and a newsagents btw! Tiny place lol, but no I mean I’m heading to the doctors tomorrow to deal with my stress I’ve never been on benefits either I’ve worked since I’m 16, only 24 now, I have a lot of shit on my plate atm, but yes I have sent over 30 applications for work last night and this morning, and I’ve earned to come out sick as I’ve paid tax for years you only qualify for sick certs if you build up enough working hours.

Guffleshuffle87 WANTED $60
    Outlaw

Nialld17 wrote:

Exactly mate, I was advised mid September by my doctor, I’m not gonna screw with benefits, working keeps me in routine which is good for my mental health, there’s literally one pub where I live and a newsagents btw! Tiny place lol, but no I mean I’m heading to the doctors tomorrow to deal with my stress I’ve never been on benefits either I’ve worked since I’m 16, only 24 now, I have a lot of shit on my plate atm, but yes I have sent over 30 applications for work last night and this morning, and I’ve earned to come out sick as I’ve paid tax for years you only qualify for sick certs if you build up enough working hours.

Fair enough mate.  I don’t mean any malice, I just don’t like the idea of people ripping an already broken system to bits. I genuinely hope it all works out for you! Take care fella

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)