Lil’ Devil Technical Analysis – Best Symbol on Be My Angel & Heartstopper etc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TheReelStory WANTED $14
    Outlaw

Ola everyone! For anyone who has seen my thread about Danger! High Voltage (https://www.backinamo.com/forum/topic/danger-high-voltage-technical-analysis-the-best-symbol-on-gates-of-hell-etc/) you’ll probably know what this is about.

I decided to try and dig into the new BTG slot ‘Lil’ Devil’ and find out a bit more about it.

I’ve focused on the ‘Be My Angel’ bonus, which is the ‘enhanced’ version of Gates of Hell from DHV. The other bonus doesn’t really have any interesting information in it.

So I wanted to find out the best symbol in Be My Angel, how the ‘Heartstopper’ version differed and also, how it compared to DHV.

First thing I noticed is that you don’t appear to be able to get the Heart as the symbol (like you could get Skulls on Gates). This is good, because skulls were horrible. This means that, on average, you *should* get better bonuses (or less duds) than on Gates. This is probably offset by the fact that bonuses seem to be rarer in Lil’ Devil than they are on Danger.

Below is a table ranking the symbols from best to worst. It’s a different mix to that of Danger, and most notably all of the premiums are pretty bad (whereas Taco on DHV was 3rd best). The other thing to note is that the best symbol, 9’s, are best by a long way, and better than anything in DHV. The other symbols are broadly similar.

Ok, so now on to Heartstopper. What I’ve seen in most comments is ‘Heartstopper Angel is like gates but with 2 symbols! OMFG THAT’S SO AMAZING’. Reality? It’s barely better. In fact, what I’ve found would probably make me go with the other bonus for my Heartstopper. There is probably more potential in Angel, but it’s really not that great.

So as you can see below, getting 9’s in Heartstopper Angel is only 2 symbols better than getting 9’s in Non Heartstopper. The only major benefit is the symbols are weighted towards the middle reels, so higher chances of re-triggers with those lovely growing multipliers. Overall though, you’re only getting a few extra symbols that can become wild. The main thing it does is balance out all the bad symbols. So even if you get the worst combination (two premiums) it’s still the same as an good symbol in regular Angel. Is that worth grinding 40 hearts? Not in my opinion.

Table below shows the Heartstopper Angel frequencies. As you can see, it’s really not the ‘OMFG’ bonus that it is made out to be. If it were me, I’d go with the starting x5 wilds on the other bonus.

So yeh, there we go. Shout if you have more questions or things you would like me to look in to!

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

I enjoyed this analysis, very insightful, thank you!

Do you have any insight at all in regards to the other bonus? For example, how many wilds are on each reel, or is it a random event? If so, how often, on average will it drop? Average chance of them connecting to a win? Average max multiplier by the end of the bonus?

I know these are slightly different to the insight you normally provide, but it’s worth asking!

QuiffyQuavers WANTED $6
    Outlaw

TheReelStory wrote:

Table below shows the Heartstopper Angel frequencies. As you can see, it’s really not the ‘OMFG’ bonus that it is made out to be. If it were me, I’d go with the starting x5 wilds on the other bonus.

So yeh, there we go. Shout if you have more questions or things you would like me to look in to!

If only you’d written this 3 days ago the bandit may not have done his nuts on getting the enhanced features!

TheReelStory WANTED $14
    Outlaw

Haha, watching his video was actually the reason I wanted to look into it 🙂

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

I could be wrong but I’m sure I saw nick slots get the heart as his symbol on a regular bonus when he was building the hearts on stream

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Thank you for making this post, it makes a very interesting read. I always used to go with the high voltage side on the old DHV, and I still personally think I would for the new slot. The only time I would risk the ‘gates’ bonus would be upon filling up the hearts.. and even then, I think I would try it once and stick to ‘high voltage’. 7 spins isnt enough for me.. especially after a grind like that. It annoyed me a little bit after noticing the ‘high voltage’ spins have been reduced to 12, when it’s hard enough to get a win on already.

TheReelStory WANTED $14
    Outlaw

The other bonus is a very different mechanic as it uses the cascade mechanic, which appears to use two different reel sets (one for the base hit and then one for the cascades). I haven’t quite worked out how it works yet as I need to trigger some bonuses and compare the result to the communications to understand exactly what is coming from where, so it’s more time consuming.

That said, I could probably get an idea of if the wilds are a symbol and if so the average chance of a wild dropping. If the wild isn’t a symbol (just  random) then I won’t be able to get that info as it would be held on the server side. Your other questions would require a much stronger ability with statistical mathematics than I possess I’m afraid (assuming the base information for producing the result is available, which, if it is, I could get 🙂  )

eejit101 WANTED $312
    Outlaw

Ok… im curious… where d you get this information and frequency rates, and where its verified?

Ty!

TheReelStory WANTED $14
    Outlaw

eejit101 wrote:

Ok… im curious… where d you get this information and frequency rates, and where its verified?

Ty!

In the client server communications. BTG slots send the whole reel sets so it’s easy to pull them out and analyse them.

TheReelStory WANTED $14
    Outlaw

Tricky0212 wrote:

I could be wrong but I’m sure I saw nick slots get the heart as his symbol on a regular bonus when he was building the hearts on stream

I need to look into this. There doesn’t appear to be a reel set defined for it, but it does appear graphically.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)