Legal advice about cancelled print order

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

4 days ago, I was asked to provide a flyer design and get the printing done however due to ill health I was unable to complete it. I have fully refunded my friend out of my own pocket and requested a refund from the printing company as nothing happened other than the payment for printing being made and a start on the flyer design was underway but nothing was sent to the printer therefore they have done nothing other than receive the money and awaited the artwork.

I received a reply today stating that I cannot have a refund however as a good will gesture they will pay a refund minus a charge of >71%. The order was £42 minus 30% or £30 whichever is higher. So I get a whole £12 refunded for them doing nothing.

A quick google showed that I have 14 days for online purchases to cancel although it wasn’t 100% clear on fees and charges. I sent a letter in reply using a template quoting the law. Info : https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-cancel-an-online-order

Really miffed here. Any advice is appreciated.

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

Wow yeah, you would expect to have some sort of cancellation period, you wouldn’t think they would be such dicks over £42, i can’t imagine it is something that they get on a daily basis?!

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw
    Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

They replied saying that in placing my order with a print due date even though no artwork was sent, that meant a printing slot was booked and that has cost them. But if my artwork was late, wouldn’t that mean they have to book another slot and still charge me ?

Heartless bastards. I am a returning customer. They do a good deal and quality service until this.

I went to the same place @argyl and see nothing much about fees or charges.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

That’s bollox mate. It’s like if I have an appointment at the dentist they only charge you if you cancel less than 24 before your appointment. I also take orders in my job for the following week. On average 5% will cancel and we don’t charge them a penny.

Mr B WANTED $395
    Blocked

It is utter furry dangly things. I agree. I have cancelled the cancelation order which they better not have fully implemented because we hadn’t agreed to the terms and will wait for the next print job to come and use it that way. Really hate when you find a successful solution in the realm of possibly shit ones to then find they have some way of ruining it. I used to use a tshirt printing place on ebay, best quality, no fade in two washes crap, in fact, no fade after 50 washes, no cracking etc. Then they packed up shop. It took another year to find another one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)