LDW’s – Losses Disguised as Wins and other cool stuff!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mattowl1867 WANTED $34
    Outlaw

Hello hello hello…..

Anyone else find this kinda thing interesting?

I love these two clips from Youtube, one demonstrating how LDWs work on us and the other on probability and generation of results or winning (marbles in this instance).

I especially like the visual of a Jackpot hit being equal to a dip into the Marble Bin and each dip inside is again the same odds as previous play, no amount of chasing will help you!

I seem to enjoy these kind of videos when i am skint or after a losing session ha, so maybe i am just ruing myself for previous mistakes, and kidding ourselves we don’t want a sweet hit again after next payday!

Enjoy….

Video one : LDWs

Video two: Marbles theory

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Both good videos these, thanks for sharing! The 2nd one I believe I watched years ago, sums up quite nicely how slots work.

In regards to LDWs, I hate these the most. I always reduce the lines so that if I win, it’s actually a win and not a loss (e.g. Book of Ra to 5 lines).

mattowl1867 WANTED $34
    Outlaw

Yes indeed Mr Biohazard.

The videos are really old maybe 8-10 years or so! But still as valid as ever.

How does reducing your lines of play for you, is it ‘more’ exciting or…?

And i think Megaways are the ultimate LDW! About 4 reels deep in on Genie Megaways and connect what looks like 30 symbols of Aces and boom…. 0.48p paid in as WIN, on a £0.80p spin.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

You win less often, but win more.

It’s the same RTP, I just can’t stand winning less than my original bet, it’s pointless.

Nathanio WANTED $21
    Outlaw

No wayyyy are Bells worth less than Melon’s these days ?

argyl53 WANTED $419
    Outlaw

To add to the bag of marbles analogy in the second video, the likelihood of winning different prizes (so marbles of different, winning colours in the bag) coming out is what determines RTP, but RTP is not quite the same thing as your chance of winning. Sticking with just white marbles lose, red marbles win, if I put 1 red marble in the bag for every 4 white marbles, that means in 1 in 5 drawn will be a winner. But to win, you have to win higher than your stake (or else it’s the classic loss disguised as win, of course), so let’s say pulling a marble out the bag is £1 a go but if you draw out a red marble you win £2, double your stake. That means a 20% chance of winning is actually a long term 40% RTP, because for every £5 in, £2 is paid out. Add some more marbles with other prizes, in different colours and different quantities, and you tune the RTP to whatever precise number you want.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)