Last night a bandit saved my life….

How much do you love bandit!?

This is purely to show appreciation for someone helping those with addiction

You must be logged in to participate.
  • 100%
  • 100%
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roasterpin WANTED $5
    Outlaw

While this title will seem extremely dramatic I want to clear one thing up… the likes of Steven (bandit) and Paul (Rocknrolla) maybe did save my life.

I want to start by stating I’m a 33 year old very healthy male. I have no health conditions apart from the fact I would gamble on two flies climbing off a sh*t. I have always considered myself to be quite intelligent and often unique.. that was until I realised I had a gambling problem.
    I knew from the moment I lost a months wage in under 20 mins in a FOBT chasing zero and eleven that I wasn’t normal.. gambling addiction creeps up on you sadly. It starts out with hitting a number.. or rolling in a fantastic screen of wilds.. or a straight up jackpot off a minuscule stake.

I like many I presume, chased and chased my money for years thinking I’ll get it back eventually, not knowing that the bug had taken full grip of me. But chasing money in a bookies is like trying to grab a greased up penguin.. it ain’t gonna happen.

I can’t honestly remember the exact date I realised I was being a moron throwing money away because in all honesty I would throw it away tomorrow if I could get into a bookies or an online site.

Gambling is horrible.. I’ve stolen, borrowed, sold things and bought things to sell all in order to feed a crippling impulse. Gambling isn’t like drugs, alcohol or any other disease because you can hide ALL OF IT behind a fake smile and an overdraft.

Ive rambled on long enough to get my message across that I’m anti gambling. But one thing I will always respect and take great solace in is the way “Bandit” operates and goes about his videos.

Never once have I been asked to sing up to a dodgy link, log in to a questionable site, begged for a donation, bombarded with a mass of adverts or had my eyes insulted with disgusting click bait and gimmicky pictures.

Bandit has kept things the way he’s always done it and although his stakes have increased over the years.. nothing else has.

I know for a fact that watching him has helped me scratch an itch that will NEVER go away and although I will always be a gambling addict I take great comfort in knowing I have an escape in the form of someone else gambling. (We all get excited when he wins..)

Finally I want to say a massive thank you to Steven himself and whoever else helps run his accounts etc as they do more good than harm. I consider him a last remaining veteran of good in a community full of frauds, thief’s, villains and cretins.

Gamstop and bandit saved my life. No word of a lie!

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

Good to hear you have turned it around mate and nice to hear that the videos can help scratch that itch, cheers for the post, it is much appreciated.

Roasterpin WANTED $5
    Outlaw

Cheers bandit. You’re a truly decent fella. Take care

Ant642 WANTED $2
    Outlaw

Thanks for posting roasterpin, I think now it’s a time to take a leaf from everyone’s book here and walk away for me, not sure if it’s the right place to post but thought id post here.

Today was a really bad day – pay day is always difficult, never enough money to pay all the debts, so gamble hoping to win.

I started out with £1.9k in the bank, by 9pm I had 3.5k. I’d done what i needed to get through and have a great month, but it’s when you’re left alone you say “just another couple hundred i’ll stop”. I sit here now at 3am with £250 in the bank and just a head full of shame.

Gamstop is way overdue and i just wish i had walked away earlier, and had that someone to say you’re up. Set cooling down period and relax. It’s such a shame there’s no alert on these gambling sites to say continuous deposits have a red flag. For me it’s like the only way to stop is hitting £0.

Hopefully i find a way to tell the family i’m short on money this month, hopefully gamstop and bandit’s videos will help me too, and hopefully it is something i can walk away from and never come back. It’s true, the worst addiction because it’s so easily hidden.

Thank you Bandit for helping us all, and thank you everyone else for sharing your experiences. Even though they may not get replies, just knowing someone else is going through what you are can be enough.

2:55am out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)