HelpTheHomeless

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bookiemad1 WANTED $1
    Outlaw

Hi there everyone, hope this post is okay. Im a long time watcher and fan of the bandit, I even won one of his first prize draws back in the day (those where the days) and im serial backinamo lurker even though I haven’t really posted but I’m always here one way or another, So I feel like I know you all without knowing you haha. I have just started a justgiving page and I’m posting it in the communities I’m a part of as I don’t have the family and friends needed to share and gain any traction necessary to  make a start. So I ask if there’s anyone out there that understand’s or can relate or even just care. If you could share the link and post it to your other friends and family I’d be forever grateful. Thank you Backinamo.

*edited seedy just giving links are not allowed*

Liberty WANTED $132
    Outlaw

Allowed

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Please everyone stop using JustGiving. This is becoming a major tilt of mine. They are a for-profit organisation that has large fees and commission in order to maximise margins. They are business first, charity second.

Plenty of better alternatives out there that’ll do a lot more good for the charity involved.

Tricky0212 WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Sadly, I think people prefer this platform because they have access to the funds raised. I’m not sure how well it is actually monitored that the funds go to the intended cause.

For example, I set up a just giving page asking for donations to help the homeless where I’m going to buy them food and sleeping bags etc. The donations are withdrawn from the page directly to me, and there is no regulation on what I then do with those funds.

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

Liberty wrote:

Allowed

I can only blame the alcohol I didnt even notice ?????

Xbobmad WANTED $729
    Outlaw

Seedy wrote:

Liberty wrote:

Allowed

I can only blame the alcohol I didnt even notice ?????

I did, I assumed the alcohol had got to you by that point and didn’t mention it lol

Liberty WANTED $132
    Outlaw

I was just jealous because I’d had no alcohol.

Liberty WANTED $132
    Outlaw

I do think it’s about time the forum had 6 or 7 where is the video threads tho so if I have some alcohol tonight I might mischievously create them for shits and giggles.

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

Allowed be thy name ?

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Tricky0212 wrote:

Sadly, I think people prefer this platform because they have access to the funds raised. I’m not sure how well it is actually monitored that the funds go to the intended cause.

For example, I set up a just giving page asking for donations to help the homeless where I’m going to buy them food and sleeping bags etc. The donations are withdrawn from the page directly to me, and there is no regulation on what I then do with those funds.

Yup exactly that, so they can keep it for themself

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)