***Heads up poker tournament for BIAM and TGC***

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    centipede WANTED $36
    Outlaw

Ok, so im going to organise a Heads up NLHE poker tournament for the both forums, and would like to know who would be interested in playing.

Im thinking, depending on entries, this will be held over 4/5 weeks

for example, if 32 players entered, then 1 game per week would be 32 16 8 4 2 so 5 weeks total.
    between 32 and 64 players and it will run over 6 weeks.

I will do a draw with everyone who wants in, and the players will have 1 week to get in touch with their opponent and play their match together
    the match can be played at a stake agreed by both players, the stake isnt the important part, more the result to see who qualifies for the next round.
    Also, both players can agree between them what site they wish to play their heads up match on.

The draw will be the standard KO draw, where the winner of 1/2 play the winner of 3/4 etc..

if we get between 16 to 32 players, then there may be players who will get a bye in the first round

I will give everyone till next Saturday (9th Feb) to say who wants in, and will do the draw with the players that have entered.

So you will have till Saturday 16th Feb to play your first round match.

Both players will have to report the result back in the thread (im making the same thread on both forums), and I will update the table

To enter, say im in below.

(also, if anyone has any questions, or maybe ive missed out some details that I cant think of right now, then let me know!)

Kingpab WANTED $149
    Outlaw

Yeah I’d be interested but what site would you use for the games?

centipede WANTED $36
    Outlaw

Kingpab wrote:

I put that in the post, whatever site both the players agree on. I guess depends who has an account where etc.

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Definitely interested, count me in. 🙂

devon life WANTED $13
    Outlaw

count me in

Kingpab WANTED $149
    Outlaw

centipede wrote:

Kingpab wrote:

I put that in the post, whatever site both the players agree on. I guess depends who has an account where etc.

Ah yes I see you did . ?

centipede WANTED $36
    Outlaw

Had a couple of replies on the TGC thread saying about just doing it over one evening instead.

so maybe it could be on a Sunday as a variation on the home game currently being organised instead?

We have had a normal game, a rebuy and now looks like the next one is a KO tourney, maybe a heads up one after that one?

what do you all think?

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

Pls not pokerstars! ?

Im deffo in if its not there.

#banned4life

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

I’ll be in if it’s after 15th Feb as I’m skint till then. I know JB will hate me saying this but there is an option on Stars to make a HU shoot out tournament, this would of course make it a lot easier than having to contact who your against, setting up a time and date and then finding a way on whatever client is chosen to play against each other. As far as I’m aware to do this on another client you would need to sign up to a Sit n Go heads up game and then tell your opponent to look for you whilst also hoping that some random player doesn’t join the game you’ve signed up for, unless there is another way on a different client to do this it could make it very hard.

But as your organising it, I’ll leave it down to you. So yeah, if it’s on 15th or after I’m in :).

centipede WANTED $36
    Outlaw

thebingokingx on TGC will be organising it.

He said about organising a HU tourney ages ago now if we wanted to do it, but I couldnt remember who it was that said it. So he mentioned in the thread again.

I dont think my idea is a go-er, and people have wrote that it would be better to hold it over just one night.

I suggested, as I wrote it in the comments on the BIAM thread I started, that we do it 2 weeks after your KO home game. so all the home games would be a variety. after the normal game, and then the rebuy.

with regards sitting down at a table and others sitting down to play you, all you would do on another client is to ‘sit out’ so the game doesnt begin, and then tell whoever sits down that you are waiting to play a friend. then keep sitting out until your friend sits down opposite

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

centipede wrote:

He said about organising a HU tourney ages ago now if we wanted to do it, but I couldnt remember who it was that said it. So he mentioned in the thread again.

I dont think my idea is a go-er, and people have wrote that it would be better to hold it over just one night.

I suggested, as I wrote it in the comments on the BIAM thread I started, that we do it 2 weeks after your KO home game. so all the home games would be a variety. after the normal game, and then the rebuy.

with regards sitting down at a table and others sitting down to play you, all you would do on another client is to ‘sit out’ so the game doesnt begin, and then tell whoever sits down that you are waiting to play a friend. then keep sitting out until your friend sits down opposite

Fair enough, I’ll set up the home game as planned then and wait on TheBingoKing to fill us all in with the deets of the HU.

JB, any chance you could mail stars and apologise for threatening to kidnap DNeg. Tell them you was going through a mental breakdown at the time and was diagnosed with schizophrenia and it wasn’t actually you that made the threats, tell them you have Patricia under control now :P.

THAGABSTAR WANTED $105
    Outlaw

Cant you make an account in your partners name or a freinds aslong as you got there permission and the got the id to verify there account they wont know whos playing

TheGrimble WANTED $4
    Outlaw

id be up for that – so count me in

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

Green2711 wrote:

centipede wrote:

Fair enough, I’ll set up the home game as planned then and wait on TheBingoKing to fill us all in with the deets of the HU.

JB, any chance you could mail stars and apologise for threatening to kidnap DNeg. Tell them you was going through a mental breakdown at the time and was diagnosed with schizophrenia and it wasn’t actually you that made the threats, tell them you have Patricia under control now :P.

Haha no way mate, i really did go to town on them a few times by email. Not my proudest moments. But id do it again lol.

Thanks for thinking of me though mate

Means alot

X

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)