Go Hard or Go Home End of Season Results & Cash Prize Awards

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bigp WANTED $36
    Outlaw

Hello all

Well the Premier League Season is over for another year which means it’s the end of my record breaking 11thseason running the Go Hard or Go Home Dream Team private league. I just wanted to thank all 707 of you who made it what it was this season! Along with myself a record breaking prize pot of £7,080 which meant I was able to generate 50 cash prizes up for grabs with the lowest being at £25 meaning any winner was already making back more than double what they paid to enter. I hope I can encourage you all to get involved again next season and get you to encourage more of your friends and family to get involved.

Anyway onto the prize winners and let’s start with the main prize of the actual Go Hard or Go Home League

Please see below the final top 10 positions

A massive congratulations goes to this year’s champion Matthew Robertson who scoops the top prize of £1,300. In 2nd place Shaozhe Chen wins £800 along with the already paid £25 from the March Monthly League. 3rd place and £500 goes to David Williams (Kloppy Seconds) who managed to stay exactly where they were in the last weekend of the season unlike 4th placed Gary Shephard who slipped a couple of places but I’m sure the £375 will cheer you up! 5th placed and another non mover was Lee Price (FC PSV Hangover) who wins £275. Ben MacKenziemoves up 3 places to 6th to pick up the prize of £200 to add to his £50 winnings from January’s Monthly League! In 7th place and someone who has been making moves upwards for weeks now is Jolyon Walker who wins £150 to add to the £75 from August’s Monthly League and £25 from March’s. Quite literally a serial winner throughout the last few years! Now although the league shows Callan Davis in 8th and Brad Thomas in 9th they both have exactly the same points so in my eyes you are both tied 8th. 8th place paid £100 and 9th place paid £75 therefore you both win £87.50 each! Last but by no means least is 10th placed Daniel Holmes who has slipped down a few places in recent weeks but hopefully the £50 prize for 10th is good enough for you J

FYI the reason I’ve quoted the team names of David Williams and Lee Price is because there are 2 David Williams and 2 Lee Prices in the Go Hard or Go Home league so I want to avoid any confusion and/or any chancers out there J

Just a little additional note to say hard lines to tied 11thplaced Stuart Bowness, Terry Boyle and Luke Whittaker who missed out on the top 10 by a mere 13 points! A special mention goes to 708th placed Mark Sheldon who may not even be reading my emails anymore but his last place is worthy of a mention and hopefully see you involved again next season to improve on that J

Next up tis the Cup competitions and we start with the Champs League. The results were as follows

Final

Niall Hardie 50-52 Henry Burton

A narrow 2 point victory for Henry Burton Over Niall Hardie in which was always going to be a close affair with it being a one off Gameweek. The difference seems to be Henry in his captain choice picking Sterling for 10 points over Niall and his selection of Salah who only earned 6. Congratulations to Henry who wins the cash prize of £430 and will receive an automatic bye into the lucrative Champs League for next season. Niall for his runner up spot wins £200.

3rd Place Playoff

James Ledger 71-51 Craig Draper

Well done to James Ledger on winning the 3rd place playoff and the cash prize of £125. Commiserations to Craig Draper who unfortunately misses out on the 4thplace bubble but hope that makes you more determined to go further next season!

Next up was the Europa League

Final

Neil Fraser 58-58 Gavin Keogan

Incredible that the Europa League Final ended in a draw which means it goes to the tie breaker! This was all detailed in my spreadsheets I sent out for the cups in the earlier rounds and the first tie breaker was most scored points by their captain

Neil – Sterling 10 points

Gavin – Salah 6 points

Just like the final of the Champs League it’s the same captain picks that make the difference! Incredible scenes Geoff!!! Congratulations to Neil Fraser who wins the Europa League and along with automatic entry into next seasons Champs League cup also picks up the £275 winning. Such a harsh way to finish runner up but congratulations also to Gavin Keogan who I’m sure will still be happy with the £125 prize.

3rd Place Playoff

Neil Adams 52-76 Ritchie Fraser

A fairly comfortable victory for Ritchie Fraser over Neil Adams in the Europa 3rd Place Playoff. Ritchie picks up the 3rd place prize of £75 and it’s unfortunate to say Neil Adams is the bubble man and just misses out but well done for your efforts in getting as far as you did!

Next up was the £125 cash prize on offer for the highest score in a single Gameweekthroughout the season.

Obviously the top score would start from week 1 and the first leader was Kevin Sommerville who set a very high first target of 109 points. Incredibly this was beaten in Gameweek 2 by Jacob Dobson who scored 114 points in what was some start to the Premier League campaign in terms of the top players doing the damage on the park. Jacob held his lead right up to as far as Gameweek 25 in early February when Lee Bray scored 135 points and if I remember correctly most likely helped when Aguero scored his hat-trick against Arsenal! The lead for the prize usually swaps hands 6 or 7 times over the season but Lee held out for the remaining 13 Gameweeks even if it was by the skin of his teeth at some of the double Gameweeks but it’s congratulations to Lee Bray who wins the £125 prize.

So these are all the end of season cash prizes to be handed out. For everyone who has won a cash prize mentioned above can please get in touch with me and I can arrange for your winnings to be transferred over to you! Well done guys J

Just to refresh your minds to the cash prizes already handed out earlier in the season

League Cup

A new addition this season due to the increase in prize money was the League Cup. A pretty straight forward knockout competition which was won by Richard Aidoo who scooped the top prize of £225 after beating Ronan McMillan in the final. For his efforts Ronan won £125 for being runner up and Gaz Black was the victor in the 3rd place playoff winning him £50.

Lastly was the Monthly Mini Leagues running August – May in which I put up £150 in cash prizes for the top 3 in the Go Hard or Go Home League for each month (£75 for 1st place, £50 for 2nd and £25 for 3rd). Please see below a list of all the winners from this

August

1st Jolyon Walker

T-2nd Leif Rose

T-2nd Richard Offord

September

1st Luke Whittaker

2nd Melanie Cheung

3rd Gary Black

October

1st Andrew Leggatt

T-2nd Allan Cunningham

T-2nd David Low

November

T-1st Mark Partridge

T-1st Melanie Cheung

3rd Marc Donaldson

December

1st Peter Jennings

2nd Niall Rennie

3rd Christopher Marshall

January

1st Dan Todd

2nd Ben Mackenzie

3rd Richard Ambler

February

1st Matthew Wait

2nd Stephen Montague

3rd Lee Palfreyman

March

1st Neil Adams

T-2nd Colin Fretwell

T-2nd Shaozhe Chen

T-2nd  Jolyon Walker

April

1st Gavin Keogan

T-2nd Henry Burton

T-2nd Jamie Cullen

May

T-1st Robert Pritchard

T-1st Dave Moyes

3rd Steven Dickson

So that’s it all over guys! Again my thanks to you all for taking part. I can’t run a big competition like this if the interest is not there and whilst there’s a number of you been playing this for many years now, there’s load of new recruits and I really hope you enjoyed what I have created for you and I hope to see as many of you taking part again for season 2019/20 as possible and hopefully spread the word and increase those numbers so I can increase all the prizes and introduce more ways to win.

As always I’m open to suggestion should anyone have ideas on what to introduce as long as it’s within reason then hopefully I can set it up J

Thanks again all and keep a look out for my first email for the new season in the next couple of months.

Cheers

Paul

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)