Depressed about 40th birthday

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeffepic WANTED $1
    Outlaw

So depressed right now my 40th birthday is coming on the 7th of December and the wife just told me she’s got me an after shave set for £10.  for her birthday  earlier in the year I bought her £125 westlife concert tickets for her and a friend to go see them on the day of her birthday.which wasn’t cheap for a stay home dad I saved for ages. I have been hinting all year that it’s my 40th and this is what I get in return nothing not even a night out why am I even here on this planet at least my 4 year old son knows he keeps asking is it your birthday today. Don’t know even what to think I’m that depressed

Seedy WANTED $1,243
    Sheriff

Jeffepic wrote:

So depressed right now my 40th birthday is coming on the 7th of December and the wife just told me she’s got me an after shave set for £10.  for her birthday  earlier in the year I bought her £125 westlife concert tickets for her and a friend to go see them on the day of her birthday.which wasn’t cheap for a stay home dad I saved for ages. I have been hinting all year that it’s my 40th and this is what I get in return nothing not even a night out why am I even here on this planet at least my 4 year old son knows he keeps asking is it your birthday today. Don’t know even what to think I’m that depressed

Morning @Jeffepic

Maybe she has something surprise in store for you and what she is telling you is to keep you off the scent. I will be honest every year my wife asks me what I want for my birthday I always say the same thing and it’s to chill not to have to cook tea so get a take away and then go and play my computer in peace.(that’s what my hobby is)

Also like you I have kids so a big part is them giving me a card and saying happy birthday dad. I’m 35 and don’t feel like i am missing out by not getting expensive gifts etc but sit back relax and be happy with what I have got in my life. Just remember even if you feel a bit depressed there will be someone who is celebrating a birthday but might not even have a family that share it with them.

So in stock of all this…

1. Enjoy your day regardless.

2. Arrange for a takeout.

3. Enjoy some time with your kid.

4. Decide on if you wanna chill with a movie do a bit of gaming (if you do that)

5. Have few beers. (invite a mate round?)

Anyway I hope you have a good one mate. all da best

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

Morning, I hope you’re feeling better. Every year, I try and get my other half something to wind him up with. Usually socks or boxers. I get him something like a game for the xbox, but I refuse to give it him until boxing day, or me and our daughter wont see him for the day. I cant afford it being a carer for my dad and having my daughter to take care of either, but you do what you can for them dont you. Your mrs might have the same idea as I do. Hopefully you’ll get a nice surprise. Happy birthday birthday (early) because I’ll probably forget by then 🙂

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

Jeffepic wrote:

What are You upset  about ? the gift or is it the big 40, (but your pretending it’s the gift?)  women are fucking brilliant at birthdays and if it is your 40th I doubt she’d go to the “office” on Monday bragging she got a £10 aftershave to celebrate this mile stone …so winningbird is probably on the money, it’s just a diversion , if not well six pack of beers, the biggest kebab this side of the UK, and the best arnie film you can find …..

equally don’t measure each other by gift size, that’s bad karma to begin with ….

seedys advice is spot on by the ways…

ps when your birthday hits, if she couldnt be the one making it happy for you don’t let her be the one that makes it miserable for you …make it good for you, ..

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Depressed and questioning what you are doing here over the price of a gift? Dont be so selfish and be grateful you even get a gift and a family to spend it with!!

thunderball6 WANTED $272
    Outlaw

I’m a stay at home dad, and while it can get a bit depressing . It made me realise how much u miss when u go out to work , and it’s made me better with money as well . And appreciate it more .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)