Corruption in Boxing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    awesomex WANTED $136
    Outlaw

So I guess most of us have seen both the AJ fight and the Fury fight. What are your thoughts on it?

I think it’s pretty damn obvious that it’s rigged from the start. The Fury fight last night had none of the elements of a good boxing match. It just looked like a goofy fat guy and a short guy who can’t punch were putting on a bad theatrical performance only matched by wrestling.

It honestly looks like they’re playing. I heard comments about the AJ fight and they said he was getting his ass beat for several rounds, yet the only power punches in the fight was AJ on Ruiz. After Ruiz went down, AJ just stopped boxing for some reason.

Same goes for this Fury fight. Fury had his guard down the entire fight and Schwartz just stood there with his guard up, waiting to get hit.

“Whoever they’ve decided will win, will win” – Evander Holyfield

The Bandit WANTED $5,348
    El Bandito

I’ve often thought the same, that fight Fury had and he blitzed the bloke only for it to be called a draw, made me wonder whether Fury was “supposed” to lose that and thought fuck em lol but they simply couldn’t award the win so went for the draw instead 😀

awesomex WANTED $136
    Outlaw

The Bandit wrote:

I’ve often thought the same, that fight Fury had and he blitzed the bloke only for it to be called a draw, made me wonder whether Fury was “supposed” to lose that and thought fuck em lol but they simply couldn’t award the win so went for the draw instead ?

Yeah, it was the same with the Pac vs Mayweather fight. Mayweather barely threw a punch that entire fight and still won.

Same with Holyfield in the Olympics. He was robbed.

QuiffyQuavers WANTED $6
    Outlaw

Boxing has been corrupt ever since the mafia got involved in the early 1900’s. Like most sports that you can bet on, there’s always people that are susceptible to a bribe, boxing, tennis, cricket, snooker and horse racing have had a massive problem with corruption over the years.

Levskie101 WANTED $22
    Outlaw

Absolutely no doubt that corruption exists but it doesn’t apply to every single fight. Not sure if you have ever experienced getting hit in the spot but it can take a good while to recover from it, multiple that by said person been over 17 stone and a professional heavyweight boxer and it’s easy to see why Joshua “ stopped “ he didn’t have a clue what was going on and couldn’t get his bearings back. The main problem was nobody gave Ruiz a hope because they bought into the Hearn matchbook machine thinking Ruiz was a bum and Joshua is some unstoppable force, when in reality Joshua has always been vulnerable, he is well known to have been dropped in sparring a few times overs the years.

Ruiz was also a very good opponent only losing a decision that could of gone either way to Parker.

To support your claims though you only have to look at Canelo v Triple G recently as a fight that clearly had some influence on who wins, so much so arguably it happened twice!

Levskie101 WANTED $22
    Outlaw

Matchroom not matchbook ?‍♂️

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

For the Fury fight last night Schwarz just wans’t in the same league as fury, outclassed and overwhelmed. AJ was looking good even dropping Ruiz but made the mistake of rushing after the knock down trying to finish the fight swinging wildly much like Wilder does and got clipped. He never recovered fully and Ruiz got the fully deserved victory. Its when it goes to the decisions it all goes to shit you see some of the scorecards at the end and wonder if they are even watching the same fight sometimes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)