Community Poker Tourney?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 331 total)
  • Author
    Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Hey all,

I’m quite interested in getting a poker home game going and decided to post this to gauge how interested the community would be at doing this, personally I think it would be a lot of fun.

We could try set the buy in to around £5-£10 (or $ depending on the platform chosen) to make it affordable . Obviously it would be hard to find a time and date that would suit everyone but I imagine a weekend would be best. But for now I’d just like to see how many people would be interested before hashing out the details ideally we would want around 20-40 players to make a fun evening out of it if we get less we could do a sit and go for a laugh. So, anyone interested?

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

I’m not very good at poker as i don’t really have the patience required but i would certainly have a bash in any little tournament that was set up on here, i do enjoy the game but be warned, i am a luck out lad haha

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

I’d 100% be down for this!

I run three games a week across Wolverhampton, I’d be more than happy to help run the home game if needed. I have plenty of TD experience!

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

I would play depending on the location and stakes but always up for a game.

@biohazard – what games do you run mate? I’m down Wolverhampton next week for a couple of days with work

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I’m up for that definitely

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

@biohazard – what games do you run mate? I’m down Wolverhampton next week for a couple of days with work

Ideally it would be on an online poker site as an actual meet up game would be a lot harder to arrange and we most likely wouldn’t get many interested especially after Christmas but I’d be down for an actual meet up game in the future. I’d suggest doing it on PokerStar as they have a chat function which will make it a lot more fun. I’ve never actually set one up before so if you want to take the lead on it Bio I’d be fine with that although I’m sure I can figure it out if needs be.

Bandit if we manage to get the numbers try to get Rolla involved as I’d love to see you lay a bad beat on him haha.

Nice to see quite a lot of interest already, keep it coming guys and gals!

Shezzzzzzz WANTED $8
    Outlaw

id be in, as im sure would Eejit

brizman WANTED $46
    Outlaw

Count me in..want to headhunt the bandit and get the bragging rights…hahaha.

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Pokerstars Is able to do this if everyone has an account…. ? A good time would be a Sunday after bandits videos appear, say 8/9 pm…?

Pokerstars home games ?

rob taylor WANTED $17
    Outlaw

Id give that a good shot wouldn’t be every week just when i have time but id try make it most Sundays

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Yeah would be interested in this if you guys have a date in mind let me know 😀

Jonnygboh WANTED $3
    Outlaw

Deffo be interested ?

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Bounty on Rolla’s head! And Bandit’s!

andywilliams1187 wrote:

Mondays at the Goose, Wednesdays at the Lych Gate Tavern and Sundays at the Royal London. 7:30pm for all. I have supervisors who run each one, I more oversee them these days, so I don’t attend every one! Each game is slightly different, depends what sort of feel you’re after. Lych is my personal favourite, and it’s also the most popular.

Green2711 WANTED $492
    Outlaw

Well, I can’t sleep so I’ve just been fiddling about on Pokerstars and I think I’ve got it all set up. We can try give it a blast on 13th Jan 21:00 (WET). Here’s all the info so far, if the majority want something changed about the structure of the tournament then it can be changed, it’s not a problem. This is my first time setting up a home game so go gentle on me! 😛

Info:

Club ID: 2172745

Invitation code: tilted247

Structure:

Table size: 6 max

Buy in: $11 (around £8)

Speed – Regular

Blind levels – 5 minutes

Starting stack – 5000

Pay out – top 10%

If I’ve done anything wrong (which I probably have) let me know, if you guys want it to be a different format such as KO or want 9 player tables or faster blinds/tournament speed/starting stack/pay out % etc then it can be arranged. Once you’ve joined Bio, let me know and I’ll make you a club admin (Bandit too).

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Nice one, thanks Green! Looks like a pretty solid setup, 5 minutes is turbo (not sure why it’s listed as regular) but normally works well. Failing that, 10 minutes is always a solid middle ground.

Need to double check I’m free that evening (I should be), so will sort that as soon as I can and join bud. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 331 total)