charity

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BIG ROSCOE WANTED $0
    Outlaw

Hi you total Reel King nutter, if anytime in the future you could promote a charity at a hospital near me that would be fab. Comfort bags for children ULHT, based at Lincoln Hospital, make bags and fill them with allsorts of stuff, including blank jigsaws, flower seeds and many other items. These help take their minds off any relatives that are seriously ill or who have just passed away. Its not been going long and has helped well over 100 children so far…feedback has been amazing. It is charity registered and on the Facebook page  (Andy Ross) , you can see my name in some of the comments. I managed to get a load of items from sainsbury and have managed to find a big wholesaler to get goods cheaper, where i buy them items from. Thanks buddy

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

Will keep it in mind mate, sounds like a good cause there, there is always something a little more satisfying about helping the smaller charities, i do of course donate to the big names too but just something a little more personal with the smaller ones isn’t there. Hopefully it becomes a massive thing 🙂

1pstaker WANTED $25
    Outlaw

Hey Mr bandit,

Can I also suggest a smaller charity? It is called ‘contact a family’ and my local one has been extremely helpful the past few years finding events and things to do that are suitable for or especially for autistic/disabled children. My son is autistic and we have found them invaluable . Im sure they have bases in many cities in the UK, I’m sure one local to you would appreciate a donation no matter how small.

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

My son is also autistic 1p so i know how difficult it can be, i will also keep them in mind 🙂

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Might be worth (if we get a poll system going on the forum) to do like a monthly fundraiser and say five charities get shortlisted (by yourself Bandit) and we all vote on who gets the money that month.

Just a thought.

BIG ROSCOE WANTED $0
    Outlaw

Thanks for the reply, the hospital chaplin is a good friend of mine, i knew her before God came into her life lol, the fb page doesnt have many followers but those who are in it, do loads. Even small donations can go a long way …the chaplin has written a massive thank you on fb this morning to everyone, she has even won a National NHS award for it. I’m going cold turkey this month on slots and general betting and will order a bulk of stuff with the money i would have spent ….it will be around £100, with that i can buy 2-300 items for the bags at least, plus the wholesaler has told me they will add freebies to it. When my mother passed away a few years ago aged 61 (dementia related) the chaplin helped my dad through it….this is my payback.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)