Cash out option: good or bad thing?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Manicmania WANTED $11
    Outlaw

So I had a fiver on a sixfold 35 to 1 a few weeks ago before I self excluded (due to slots eurgh! Lol) had 5 winning by 2 goal or more on 78 minutes… last game was 0-0 – for context I have had an awful run without even a sniff for months. Offer was 78 quid, decided to take it purely to get A win… A literal minute later my team scores..  Cost me an extra 110 quid! Heart was actually broken! But at the same time made a profit so wasn’t all bad.

Does anyone have any similar stories of cash out nightmares? Is the cash out ever the right thing to do strategically or is it just another bookies trick to stuff us punters?

appleman91 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

Only time cashout is good is when all the selections are up and you cash out a couple minutes before to rule out any injury time upsets. Did this a few times in the past and someone ended up scoring in injury time so it was a good outcome.

My worst experience with cashout was a few seasons ago, it was last day of prem season I had arsenal to win 4-0 and doubled it up with Barca to win 3-1 the week after in champions league final. Arsenal won 4-0 so was waiting for the barca game. Injury time is approaching and the score was 2-1 cashout wasn’t too bad in the 85th minute about £600, I left it, it started getting smaller. Ended up cashing out in stoppage time for £300, shortly afterwards neymar scored making it 3-1, I would have won £2800 from a £20 bet.

Cashout works in the bookies favour or they wouldn’t do it. It’s made to think it’s doing the gambler a favour.

StuartK91 WANTED $27
    Outlaw

My view on cashout is, if you have a scenario where one game is 0-0 and you let it ride that game will finish 0-0. Cashout and you’re almost garunteed a goal a minute later lol.

Chdl1990 WANTED $42
    Outlaw

I’ve had this a few time’s and it’s a real bitch. However after a few kick in the nuts with it I figured, if your putting the bet on you are, or should be willing to lose that money in the first place. If it’s a 6 fold worth 200 and your cashing out when 5 are winning for 100, why bother making I a 6 fold in the first place. Always let a bet run in my view, that way if it loses you expect the loss when you place the bet if it wins great, no regrets!

I say this because a few years back I had a first day Cheltenham festival Acca first 4 came in needed vroom vroom mag to win the mares for 400 odd from a pound. Cashed out before the race for 70 odd quid, vvm went on to win, I was tilted and chased the extra money I felt I should have won and lost the 70, so all round a royal fuck up that could have been a tidy win.

But that’s just my opinion i’m sure others will have stories to disprove, so it’s anyones guess what’s best ??

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

I’m a bit old fashioned I suppose once a bets on it’s on simple as that. Two things I will never ever do cash out a bet or buy a bonus on a slot

Hibs-1875 WANTED $16
    Outlaw

For me its neither a good thing or a bad thing once you place a bet just let it run.. to stop the urge of cash out I would just go to the bookies place your bet there.

The Bandit WANTED $5,352
    El Bandito

Cash out is always a no go for me tbh, the offers are never really that good and there is only usually an opportunity to cash out when your bet has a great chance of landing. If you have placed the bet with the intention of trading it though, that is a whole different thing and is pretty much what occurs daily for me, the traditional “cash out” that i am talking about not being one for me is when you have say a 4 fold on and they are all winning with 20 minutes to go.

MichaelLFC96 WANTED $114
    Outlaw

I’ll cash out if the scores are tight and the offer is more than what I’d risk to win, i.e The bet is to win £100, the offer is £70 and there’s 10 minutes left, I wouldn’t risk the £70 just to win another £30.

Manicmania WANTED $11
    Outlaw

Check out THIS cash out nightmare! Feel a bit better about my own one after reading this!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeNewman5/status/1081983336405495813

How sick would you be…?

Dc39 WANTED $74
    Outlaw

Had this conversation a good few times and came up with a fucked up plan haha……needless to say it very rarely worked, anyway simply put i put 2 identical coupons on, if i got a cash out offer for double both stake back on both, id cash 1 out and let the other run! Worst case scenario i have doubled my money, the maths is terrible but in my own wierd world it made sense haha

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)